need help

Thread: need help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default need help

I'm trying to test my Viper drives and have a few questions.
    The first thing is that how do you read the encoder signal from the hyper-
    terminal?I have a signal at the encoder and at the encoder connection on the drive but all I get is m0000.,it does not change.The step value is fine or seems fine.On my machine the encoders are on the ballscrew and not on the motor so it is going to be hard to disconnect the motor from the machine for testing.The fault connection ,does it need to be connected for testing?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, using the M command you should see the number get positive when you turn one way and negative (hex) when you go the other.
    Looks like the encoder isn´t working. Are you connected single ended or differential. Ive see some Differentail encoders won´t read when hooked up single ended, and then wotrked when all 4 wires were connected.
    Also be sure you get a real count and not just FFFF or 0001 (this means only a phase is reading ) . It should count both ways and have a repeatable zero point when you turn the motor back to the starting point

When testing this be sure not to connect the motor power untill the encoder is reading good.

Larry K

Downloads
    Uploads

The fault connection ,does it need to be connected for testing?
    No just the encoder and +12V