New Machine Build power supply

Thread: power supply

Downloads
    Uploads

Default power supply

larry,
    did this one get through to you ? and can any one else throw in an opinion
    all welcome.

Requiring some assistance and hoping you can help. I am installing your boards in a lathe for a company called Reid Engineering in Dundee, Scotland. A couple of problems I have with your recommended supply layout.
    1 : You show a main transformer with an input of 120Vac which I would need to change to 415Vac, as this is the 3phase voltage in Scotland, you do not show a Kva of transformer is there a set size or how have you worked out you loading I would assume that the output will be 180Vac
    2 : You have a 40Ov 25 amp Bridge Rectifier with a 25000micro farad capicitor across it showing 2 motor power outlets. I would take it that a 400v 35 amp rectifier would do however the capacitor is a problem I am assuming that it is supposed to be a 400Vdc 25000micro farad however I cannot seem to find that size. I can find 10 and 15 thousand would these do.
    3 : You show on your drawing that the main transformer has two motor power outlets I would then assume from this that you can run 2 boards from one transformer however you only show one outlet on the control side.
    4 : You do not show a size of capacitor for the control power side. Although would a 240Vac/1 12Vdc power supply unit do the same and bypass the need for an isolated transformer, with rectifier and capacitor

Hopefully you understand my problems and are able to give me some answers