Fault Output circuit

Thread: Fault Output circuit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fault Output circuit

hello everybody! im using the Viper 200 for a retrofit and i have a dude about how to connect the fault output circuit to a relay to the main source motor Power. i attached a diagram is it correct?

Thank you very much Luis M.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fault Output circuit-viper-bmp  

Downloads
    Uploads

That not the best way to connect a relay, if you can find one that is within the current rating of the output, connect it between the 5v and the output, the resistor should not be needed.
    What is the 120v load you are disconnecting?
    What is the function of the drive outputs? Drive alarm?
    You do not necessarily need to shut the whole machine down, just disable power to the moving components plus use the drive disable input, if they have.
    Al.

Last edited by Al_The_Man; 10-03-2007 at 02:53 PM.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    That not the best way to connect a relay, if you can find one that is within the current rating of the output, connect it between the 5v and the output, the resistor should not be needed.
    What is the 120v load you are disconnecting?
    What is the function of the drive outputs? Drive alarm?
    You do not necessarily need to shut the whole machine down, just disable power to the moving components plus use the drive disable input, if they have.
    Al.
    This output is supouse that works with active low when an overcurrent is presented, that's why im confussed in the manual said that this output are open collector so im not very shure about how to connect them.

The 120v is the source of the transformer that moves the axis, not all the machine.

Thank you for the reply

Luis

Downloads
    Uploads

Open collector should be normally be connect to the load (relay) and +v, in this case, 5v.
    You would then need a normally closed contact on the relay, when the relay picks up with a fault, the contact opens. In this case, you have to watch you do not also lose power to the drive logic as this will cause the circuit to reset.
    If you are just concerned with monitoring an over-current condition of the drives, I would use this as an alarm into your controller, which would then issue a command to pick up a general e-stop relay which could have contacts to the disable inputs on the drive.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Open collector should be normally be connect to the load (relay) and +v, in this case, 5v.
    You would then need a normally closed contact on the relay, when the relay picks up with a fault, the contact opens. In this case, you have to watch you do not also lose power to the drive logic as this will cause the circuit to reset.
    If you are just concerned with monitoring an over-current condition of the drives, I would use this as an alarm into your controller, which would then issue a command to pick up a general e-stop relay which could have contacts to the disable inputs on the drive.
    Al.
    Thank you very much for the answer finally i understand how to connect it
    And yes the logic power is independent of the Axis power source.

HOw should i connect the general e-stop relay to the controller? im using MAch3 and a G100, im just using a normally closed button as the Estop in one of the Grex inputs.

Thank you very much

Luis M

Downloads
    Uploads

The 120v is the source of the transformer that moves the axis, not all the machine.
    That output is meant to go to the Estop of the controller to stop the motion. If you have it drop the power to the drive, then the fault will go away and the relay will then turn the power back on.
    If you want really want to cut the power, you need a circuit that won't turn back on.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i have mine connected to estop with mach 3. the 12 volt viper power is routed thru a safety charge pump . any time estop or reset is hit the drives are disabled.