Trying to get Viper tune to work

Thread: Trying to get Viper tune to work

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Trying to get Viper tune to work

I just sent one of my servo drives in for repair, and was told by Larry that there was a Viper tune available.
    Here's my problem;
    I tried to get one of my viper drivers connected to my newest laptop, but it does not have a 232 plug, so I'm trying to connect it using a USB to RS 232 adapter. Not having any luck even with having the 9600 Baud rate checked.

I do have a real old laptop that I used to originally to program my servo drives, but I have no way of getting the "Viper Tune" software on it. I can't connect to the internet with it because it only has a dial-up modem. I can't use a USB stick in it because it wont recognize USB 2.0. I can't use a floppy because I have no other computer to be able to transfer the program onto. I can't burn a DVD because my old laptop only has a CD reader.

My only option is to use my newer laptop, but I can't get it to communicate with the Viper drive. They are version 2.6 if I recall and about 5 years old. Any idea on what else I can try??
    Thanks