Newbie Hekp setting up new rig

Thread: Hekp setting up new rig

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hekp setting up new rig

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give! I am a software developer by trade, tasked with getting a rig working using a viper servomotor and am kind of lost in getting the settings correct.

Went through the manual and tuned the KP and KD to what i thought was correct, motor seems tight and I can get it moving with the software control program I am writing.

The trouble is I am at a loss for getting the setting correct for travel/speed etc. Again, I am an extreme newbie when it comes to this system so bear with me.

These are the settings i am using. KP100 - KD200 - I0 - L1 - J100
    Using this the assembly moves along the track no problem in both directions, the trouble is when I try to speed it up, I set J250 and it goes faster, I set J300 and it dies. I know it has to do with a perfect match of all settings but the manual does not go into much detail as to the relationship between all of them (maybe it does to those with experience).

We got a V3.12 viper and the manual that came with it was for 1.6, on-line on the Larkin site I found a manual for 2.01 so a newer manual would be nice.

It is a Viper Servomotor V3.12 with
    MOTOR
    SM23240E500SV95
    500 CPR, single ended Encoder
    Latching connector, cable 4'
    Viper95 Driver with connectors
    Frame Size-Nema23
    Constant Torque-50 oz/in – 0.35 N.M
    Peak Torque-240 oz/in – 1.7 N.M
    Continuous Current-3.4 Amp
    Peak Current-15 Amp
    Maximum Speed-6500 RPM ±10 % at 60V