Tuning Viper 200F

Thread: Tuning Viper 200F

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Tuning Viper 200F

Hi Guys,

So I have everything hooked up, control power is good, I have communication with the drive, and I started to tune them. My power supply is giving the card 126V DC.

I start with the recommended Kp, KD, I and L.

I set the Loop to 6, and the I to 0. I start increasing the Kp, and I get to around 750 or 800 and the motor is really stiff, and then if I bump the shaft it starts to oscillate, and before I can change the KD, the motor goes oscillation crazy and faults the drive, and then I get the 5 Red LED flashes.

The motors are Fanuc 5M's from a Matsuura

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Andy

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone?

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you increasing Kd at KP x 2 (if Kp is 800 then make Kd 1600) ? Have you left Ki low (below 5)

Be sure to set Kd before bumping the motor !

Also fine tune the L parameter better before pushing up the Kp gain. A large oscillation means L isn't at its best setting.

Larry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Larry,

So far these are my settings for the X and Y axis which have the 5M motors.

Kp = 350, i = 3, L=4, Kp=800 I think, and I have the jumper for the 4x Multiplier in as well.

They seem to be working good. I do think I have a problem with one drive though, because when I try to talk to it the LKR doesn't come up like the other two, and it "freezes" and I cant do anything, i can usually do one command and then it puts a space in between the cursor, I tried 2 different keyboards and powered up/down twice as well. See the attached pictures.

I am sure I will have to play with the tuning more. When I was testing some settings and I had the Kp at like 550 or 600 and the KD was 1100 or 1200 the servo would be having vibrations or extremely small oscillation, so I started over and decided to try the smaller settings, since I am running 126V DC.

Any Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tuning Viper 200F-20111231_162122-jpg   Tuning Viper 200F-20111231_162136-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I havn't see one freeze up as you describe.

Check the 5 pin connector for good connections , maybe a bent pin ? Or try an other computer.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Larry,

I tried my office computer, same thing. Can I mail it back to have you take a look at it? Also I will probably be ordering a spare drive as well!

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sure, email me and maybe i can send the new drive with a replacement for that one.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Trucks
    They seem to be working good. I do think I have a problem with one drive though, because when I try to talk to it the LKR doesn't come up like the other two, and it "freezes" and I cant do anything, i can usually do one command and then it puts a space in between the cursor, I tried 2 different keyboards and powered up/down twice as well. See the attached pictures.
    I received the drive yesterday, and fixed it today. It was a funny problem, it would add a 'space' on its own.
    Turned out that 2 SM capacitors got mixed up on the Max232 circuit for the RS232.

Larry

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool! Can't wait to get it back!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi Larry
    i do not want to sidetrack from the original question
    i bought 4 viper 200 around 2 years ago (i live in Grimsby , Niagara Region) and use them since with my old AH-HA controller.
    you hinted that you might have a tuning software availabe for an easier setup.
    any hint if?
    hans