New Machine Build Vipers and what else?

Thread: Vipers and what else?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vipers and what else?

I have a supermax ycm-16 with an anilam crusader 2 controller on it. The motors are SEM permanent magnet 140V DC servos with some sort of tach on the back. (I'm assuming that i would need to put encoders on the shafts. I would like to convert it to mach.

I know i need 3 of your drives, but what else do i need? I really want to get this done, but i don't want to experiment and want to go with what works . There should be enough knowledge here to get a parts list and straight forward info on the wiring to get this right the first time.

Matt

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Where are the present encoders mounted if not on the motors?
    Usually the SEM motors have a tach fitted which you do not require with modern drives, I usually just remove the tach brushes.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

You need a powersupply, usually the machine has a transformer and rectifier, but if the capacitor is really old, replace it. Be careful, your dealing with high voltage.

USdigital encoders E5 or E6 series with differential output work good. (Don't go with cheaper encoders.).

A breakout board for mach3. A small power supply for the BOB and Viper low side (12 volts)

LK