Sharnoa 4 axis retrofit - Page 13

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Sharnoa 4 axis retrofit

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey lr, was wondering if you ever figured out the e-stop when starting the spindle as that is what is happening on my machine right now. I can have only the Campbell board powered up and reset the button and as soon as I start the VFD, it triggers an E-stop.

YCM-40 converted from anilam to Mach3 and lovin it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got tired of messing with it and just wired the vfd to run off of a pot. Works fine, I just edit in a dwell to adjust my spindle speed before cutting. Its been working great. If you figure the problem out, I'd like to know what the fix is.

Other than that the machine is running fine. I'm pretty impressed with some of the canned cycles in Mach3. Very handy for quick machine path.
    have fun
    i_r_

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Found out that the E-stop was inducing 35 volts into the contactor solenoid wires that also run up to the e-stop switch in the same cable AARGH. Then I'll mess around with the Mach3 BOB controlling the VFD. (Probably in another YEAR or so)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sharnoa 4 axis retrofit

Well, I've been threw two towers on the same Viper drives and Bob Campbell BOB. The last tower I got I plugged it in, loaded Mach3 and was running. The current tower had some kind of memory error and would not boot up. Took it to my computer guy and he fixed it right up, and said that I didn't loose a thing. But now my x and y axis are jerky.Do I need to go back threw the process of the Hyper terminal tuning of the drives?
    Thanks in advance
    i_r_

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by i_r_machinist View Post
    Well, I've been threw two towers on the same Viper drives and Bob Campbell BOB. The last tower I got I plugged it in, loaded Mach3 and was running. The current tower had some kind of memory error and would not boot up. Took it to my computer guy and he fixed it right up, and said that I didn't loose a thing. But now my x and y axis are jerky.Do I need to go back threw the process of the Hyper terminal tuning of the drives?
    Thanks in advance
    i_r_

Something doesn't add up. I don't think that those settings would just inadvertently change. Has anything changed as far as the printer port settings? It's been too long since I have messed with it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've thought of opening the tower and seeing if some pins are not lining up. I uninstalled and re-installed mach 3, nothing. Z is fine, just x and y. It is a puzzle. Like I say, I got this thing from ebay, plugged it in and was running, so....
    have fun
    i_r_

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213