JMC Servo Motor Tuning

Thread: JMC Servo Motor Tuning

Downloads
    Uploads

Default JMC Servo Motor Tuning

This video is not about machining but rather how to successfully tune the JMC Servo.
    There is not much information on the web about this process so I thought this might be of help to someone.
    This is part one, I am sure the second part for the manual tuning will come up automatically in your YouTube feed.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL439 View Post
    That's nice. I've watched a few tuning videos, but they just illustrate the process of determining appropriate Kp and Ki values. However, you highlighted how this affects the system's mechanical features as well as the drive/torque/speed/power motor's output restrictions.
    It is a starting point for the beginner, many build DIY CNC machines for home use but using servos on them is not quite common. So therefore we just go ahead and justify that steppers are better :-)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: JMC Servo Motor Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Sworf View Post
    It is a starting point for the beginner, many build DIY CNC machines for home use but using servos on them is not quite common. So therefore we just go ahead and justify that steppers are better :-)
    It's good to make videos of your journey

Servos on Hobby machines is very common and has been for the last 15 years since DMM started selling to the Hobby user, you could buy a low cost system, which is a very good system with very good support

With most modern AC Servos there is very little tuning involved, some have auto tuning and Adaptive Control, so they are changing to the load of the operation, so tuning is not needed, tuning is only need when you have a dumb drive. ( no intelligence) which nobody should buy if they are just getting into AC Servos.

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh yes certainly DMM servos are nice … so are Bosch Rexroth, Kollmorgen or SEW Eurodrives but for many they are out of our budget. So it is not as simple to just say nobody should drive a Volkswagen Beatle if you want to get into driving.
    And yes other drives are so much better, more capable and user friendly when it comes to setting them up. However I have not been able to use auto tuning (adaptive) for any positioning system that I have ever commissioned but that does not mean that it cannot be done. I might just not be knowledgeable enough it is not my main line of work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    It's good to make videos of your journey

Servos on Hobby machines is very common and has been for the last 15 years since DMM started selling to the Hobby user, you could buy a low cost system, which is a very good system with very good support

With most modern AC Servos there is very little tuning involved, some have auto tuning and Adaptive Control, so they are changing to the load of the operation, so tuning is not needed, tuning is only need when you have a dumb drive. ( no intelligence) which nobody should buy if they are just getting into AC Servos.https://en.industryarena.com/forum/retro bowl
    The fact that I have never been able to employ auto tuning (adaptive) for a positioning system I have commissioned does not imply that it cannot be done. Since this is not my primary area of expertise, I may just not be informed enough.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Its really great to record the videos.thanks for sharing