CNC Relay Types Broken Down (Wet & Dry)

Thread: CNC Relay Types Broken Down (Wet & Dry)

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Relay Types Broken Down (Wet & Dry)

Not exactly my definition of Dry Contact!
    If there is never any current or voltage present, what is it functioning in?
    Quote:
    Dry contact can refer to a secondary set of contacts of a relay circuit which does not make or break the primary current being controlled by the relay. Usually some other contacts or devices have the job of starting or stopping the primary current being controlled.
    IOW, it can pass voltage and control current, just not the primary switching device.
    Could also in some cases be called an Enable contact.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC Relay Types Broken Down (Wet & Dry)

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Not exactly my definition of Dry Contact!
    If there is never any current or voltage present, what is it functioning in?
    Quote:
    Dry contact can refer to a secondary set of contacts of a relay circuit which does not make or break the primary current being controlled by the relay. Usually some other contacts or devices have the job of starting or stopping the primary current being controlled.
    IOW, it can pass voltage and control current, just not the primary switching device.
    Could also in some cases be called an Enable contact.
    Al.
    Al,

Thank you for providing the remaining part of the definition after the first sentence as reflected in snapshot below

The first sentence is all that's required to prove my point with relays being used with regards to CNC, unless I'm discussing a "dry contact" in terms of all possible electrical engineering context which isn't required for a general understanding with CNC applications.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC Relay Types Broken Down (Wet & Dry)-dry-contact-relay-deifinition-jpg