Problem Cant seem to stop my holes from snapping in the wrong direction.

Thread: Cant seem to stop my holes from snapping in the wrong direction.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cant seem to stop my holes from snapping in the wrong direction.

This example is a small gusset that will bolt on through the front face. The front face angles downwards. I would like the counter bore hole to be perpendicular with the rear face of my part. So when I bolt the part on the bolts are straight into the face behind the part. But what happens is the hole, no matter what I do, snaps to the front face, and angles down. If I drill from the back, its straight and perpendicular but I cant counterbore.

Hard to explain so I have attached two images one in solid and one in lines.

I have tried all SharkCad hole settings. The "normal" is the only one that will actually drill a hole. The others do nothing.

Anyone know how to resolve this? Even the two point hole setting does not work.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cant seem to stop my holes from snapping in the wrong direction.

After ages I found the solution. Use a 2 point hole. Its just VERY sensitive with the snaps.

Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

I love shark. Such cool software.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry Mr Farmer. I disagree. It imports STEP files as imperial - the developers know about this bug and won't fix it. Also, Shark regularly and often crashes without warning. Yeh 5/10 for me. Tho the price was good.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm guessing that shark is as broken as the viacad pro version . It's well set up to be a killer program and they could be at the top of the affordable market if they gave a S@$% about their customers and the software .
    They need to ditch their pet project powerpack and focus on fixing the software .

Downloads
    Uploads

Ha. Agreed. That's funny. Every time I find a bug they try to sell me an upgrade. (started with ViaCad, last version I was sent was Shark Pro)

The STEP metric to imperial bug, they showed me the bug, but stopped talking when I asked them to fix it.

But it's not all bad. I save every 5min when solid modeling. I "usually" remember to convert to metric when I import into Fusion.

I do have to say though that every time I contact them with other problems they have helped immediately.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think it depends on who a guy talks to . I had a good conversation with one of the guys who was helpful at addressing a major problem with the software . But , overall the software falls apart more with each version . I've been using since v5 and I've learned when to save before making the next move which may or may not crash the software .
    I love the features , I just wish it was more stable

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by boydage View Post
    Sorry Mr Farmer. I disagree. It imports STEP files as imperial - the developers know about this bug and won't fix it. Also, Shark regularly and often crashes without warning. Yeh 5/10 for me. Tho the price was good.

I always model in Shark and then CAM in Fusion. But if I ever need to add some geometry for machining, in DESIGN the model defaults to inch even though I have mm set as default. I export from Shark to STEP but have no option for the unit. So is this a Shark issue or a Fusion issue?