Need Help! 3 axis cnc mill design advice

Thread: 3 axis cnc mill design advice

Question 3 axis cnc mill design advice

Hello, I've been designing a cnc mill for targeting 0.01mm accuracy on machining steel. I've designed the machine, but I'm not sure how it will behave when I build it.

My aim was designing a rigid machine from steel beams and plates. 3D model of the design is availible at: https://grabcad.com/library/desktop-...-x-360-x-360-1

I've built PCB engraving and a 220x280cm wood router before. Metal working is new to me. According to calculations the machine is capable of machining steel.

Beams are 80x80x4 mm cold rolled st37. Plates are 10mm thick st37. Squares are 25x25mm. I will get the touching surfaces of the assembly grinded. Rails are 15x15mm, ballscrews are 16mm diameter, 5mm pitch screws. Motors are nema34 6Nm with 1:3 reduction. Spindle is 2.2kW 12000RPM.

I can't use epoxy granite because I don't have a garage, I only have 1 room of the house. I can't use aluminum extrusions because they are relatively expensive.

I've seen a lot of great machine builds here. I think structure of my machine is little different. Since I have one shot to build this machine, I really need experienced users' thoughts on this.

Thank you.
    3 axis cnc mill design advice-cn1-png3 axis cnc mill design advice-cn2-png3 axis cnc mill design advice-cn3-png3 axis cnc mill design advice-cn4-png3 axis cnc mill design advice-cn5-png3 axis cnc mill design advice-cn6-png3 axis cnc mill design advice-cn7-jpg3 axis cnc mill design advice-cn8-jpg