New Machine Build 5 axis mill turn with o drive and Linux CNC

Thread: 5 axis mill turn with o drive and Linux CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 5 axis mill turn with o drive and Linux CNC

this is the build thread of my 5 axis mill turn. I am in very early stages of design but I needed somewhere to discuss a spindle lock design before I spend forever designing a spindle lock. In the end I hope this machine will have a 300*300*300 working volume. Pneumatic brakes on all rotary axis to increase rigidity for positional 5 axis and still allow for simultaneous 5 axis under lighter loads. A custom 10k rpm bt30 spindle with at least a 15 tool automatic tool changer. 5 axis with the 5th having the ability to attach a lathe chuck spin at 4000rpm then locking the spindle and adding a lathe cutting insert and turning it self into a lathe. the machine is similar to the matsurra cublex but a lot smaller, less ridged and without the whole robot pallet system.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5 axis mill turn with o drive and Linux CNC

I had a design but as I went to post a drawing here I noticed that that wouldn't have worked what so ever. does anyone have any ideas on how I could design a brake for this it may easily be under loads up 15 N-m and I would like much more I also can't have any play in the system so that throws out bike or car brakes as they use sliding brake systems which introduces way to much play for this use case. I found this one design by Simpson 36 and it seams fairly well designed. Tell me what you think of it and I would like to reduce some of the complexity any idea how I might do that. Thanks for any help.

Activation process Tommymogwais's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 5 axis mill turn with o drive and Linux CNC

Some update?

- - - Updated - - -

Some update?

- - - Updated - - -

Some update?

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking very interesting ????