New Machine Build Concrete VMC - Page 19

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Thread: Concrete VMC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Concrete VMC

This weekend installed the main control cabinet. Main power circuit is done. Servo drives have been connected to the cnc controller. So the machine is able to move again. Now i can wire all extra functions in slowly when i need them.
    I changed the design a little i decided to take the 4th and 5th axis driver out of this cabinet. So if i will ever make a trunnion i make a separate control box for that.

Stef

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice build. Only comment would be on the enclosure. You might consider lowering the side windows some to accommodate a longer part that might need the clearance. This would allow you to machine a long part in segments. Even if you don't foresee yourself machining a longer part than the enclosure it would cost nothing to allow for it. Another plus would be cleaning.
    John

Downloads
    Uploads

Will the enclosure get a fan?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it will get a fan i think else it gone get quite hot inside of there.

@jcsb i will put that in mind thanks for the tip!

Stef

Downloads
    Uploads

Just finished painting the casted parts. Took almost a whole day to prepare the molds. First disassembled the machine then washed the release agent off and sanded everything. I used 2 component paint and applied it with a brush and roller so far it looks pretty neat hope it dry's up well. The color is Ral 7035 light gray.

Stef

Downloads
    Uploads

What FI are you using in your controls box? Are you cascading them (is there another one before that one) or is it directly connected? Are you using a fiter?

Downloads
    Uploads

Paint job looks great Stef!

Downloads
    Uploads

Stop. Please... just stop.

You're giving me so much machine envy I'm starting to turn green.

Seriously, though... nice work!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Stef - congrats on the build. In the beginning you said 600x300x550Z did you achieve that? The table looks small maybe the scale of the machine makes it look small. I'm about to start designing a small epoxy composite machine as well. Thanks for the documentation. Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks the paint job turned out pretty well, this weekend i gone paint the X axis saddle.
    Sorry ___Britt my apologies i dont want to harm anyone just try my best make my self a nice machine.

About the electronic cabinet. The big black box on the left is the Driver for the spindle motor 3 phase. The 3 drivers in the middle are the servo drives for the axis each one is single phase and connector to an separate phase.
    There is no filter or something in right now. Also don't have it on my current machine. If i get some weird electrical interference i will look in to the filters when its already to late...

About machine travels it turned out to be x600mm y300mm z630mm. The table size is also 300x600mm i have a little regret that i didn't order a little bigger table but for now it will be big enough.
    Z axis travel is quite long but the top 80mm will be for the tool changer movement.

Stef

Stef

Downloads
    Uploads

This weekend painted the x axis saddle and the head. In the same color as the base and column. Before that i first installed the lubrication system because therefore i needed to drill some mounting holes in the steel parts. The steels parts first have been sandblasted and coated with a primer for better adhesive.

Also made a mounting plate for the lubrication pump and pneumatics. It contains 2 regulators, one for a automatic refill of the pneumatic counter weight system the other one is supplying the valve island. There are now 3 pneumatic valves. one for the drawbar cylinder, one for the ATC arm and one for the chip blow off on the tool setter. Also there is a pressure switch that will give the cnc controller an alarm when there is not sufficiency air pressure to supply the valves.

Next weekend final assembly and alignment can begin.

Stef

Downloads
    Uploads

Lot of visible work done this weekend. Now everything was painted final assembly could begin.
    Counter weight system also turned out pretty well the head is more or less weightless the z axis servo has now less work to do. Already did a little bit of tramming on the column and after one hour playing with the setscrews the column is already square withing 0.04mm i also ordered a higher res micrometer to do the final tramming before everything will be secured with epoxy.
    Machine turned out so nice with the color in my opinion
    ???? next thing to do is making brackets for the cable chain to the head.
    And adding the lubrication system to the table. And wire the last things up.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819