Newbie Seeking info on Kasuga CNC mill updating.

Thread: Seeking info on Kasuga CNC mill updating.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Seeking info on Kasuga CNC mill updating.

I've been searching for a vertical mill for several years (one I could afford, for hobby). I've been offered a Kasuga Model R-7, 12" x 42", built in the 80'sI believe, for reasonable price 'cause the computer won't start up. All electronics are Allen Bradley, from top to bottom. Motors are servos, but I don't know if AC or DC. We believe the controllers are o.k. Anyone familiar with converting/updating this type of control/drive system to modern computers? What info do I need to look for?
    Thanks, hobbychips

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Seeking info on Kasuga CNC mill updating.

In regards to your machine I can't help you and I don't know if there is a lot of people who can but keep searching forums. there must be some on out there who use to run those and perhaps they may have some info. try to contact Allen Bradley and find out how to test your power supply, drives and rest of the stuff . I would do that before thinking about conversation.
    There is a great deal of info about conversions here and on YouTube.
    Keep looking around , understand how the drives work how the steps are counted what is the encoded, difference between step and servo motors, open and closed loop. There is a ton to learn but all those small steps will help you to understand how it all comes together. it will all make sense at some point. Take your time don't get frustrated and you will make it happen. it is all pretty simple after you get the basic understanding. Check neo7.com or on YouTube I am going with those motors for my plasma cutting table build. also look at mach3 or new version mach4

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Seeking info on Kasuga CNC mill updating.

Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep looking. A couple fellows in the building in which I work are familiar with this kind of thing, I have been in conversation with them.
    Thanks, again.