Build Thread BT30 Spindle - Page 29

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829

Thread: BT30 Spindle

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BT30 Spindle

By the way, the noise in the video comes from the temporary table (0.4mm steel sheet). Also the machine is not bolted down to the bench.

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

Downloads
    Uploads

It's gone awfully quiet again.....did you get any joy with the grinding of the slots?

I think you could have done the job initially with an angle grinder mounted in a stand and plenty of water to keep it cool, then tidy it up with the diamond wheel afterwards......it won't be easy.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ian,

I didn't touch the spindle since then. I'm a little busy these days. I'll keep you posted tho.

Thanks,
    Suat

Suat
    Proud father, C# developer, Model heli pilot, newbie free time machinist for hobby

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, yes I know what you mean, time for everything is a wish list item......just very interested to see the ongoing design as it materialises.
    Ian.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

I feel that no matter what problems on the steel, you can find Songshun to help you answer. Because they have patiently answered my question.

Downloads
    Uploads

azalin
    can you post the cad models I just want to have a look at them. Step would work best but just do what is easiest for you. you may have posted it earlier and I made an attempt to find it but then i saw all 47 pages of this and I gave up(got to around 20). If the designs are not finalized post them anyways I am very interested in the design of these thing and would like to design my own and it makes it a lot easier when you have a reference even an unfinished one. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did I not complement the amount of work and skill that has been pumped into this project? I didn't. Anyway this is an amazing project with a huge amount of work and skill pumped into it.

Downloads
    Uploads

No, sorry!

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

As I finished my BF20L conversion this spindle finally found his home machine.BT30 Spindle-img_20220213_170526-jpg

Sent from my MI 5s Plus using Tapatalk

Suat

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, all good things come to pass with patience.

After 35 years of it standing in the corner of the garage I had a great need for a mill so I bit the bullet and did a jig borer conversion.

I've just completed the conversion and had to cut the end off of the spindle to fit an ER32 collet chuck to the end of the spindle as it previously had a 2 Morse being it started life as a jig borer...........then I raised the column up 100mm with a spacer to get more Z room for drilling etc..........finally I fitted a 3 axis DRO and that is really what makes it come to life......no more marking out holes for me.
    I think a mill without a DRO is like going to a dance in your undrerwear.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

hey Azalin

how did you go about the junction between the end of the drawbar and the end of the shaft?

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829