New Machine Build Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end - Page 61

Page 61 of 183 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3652

Thread: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Quote Originally Posted by skillalot View Post
    I wrote here so many open doors on how to get in touch with defeng, but apparently I am the only one who actually did any trouble to get contact information, while I don't even have any open orders. My two orders I did, the spindle and the linears, are deliverd.
    Then I finally got some way to contact Defeng, and had a little chat with him, I share the news on this forum, and what do I get back for all that trouble???
    Some complaining that I am not on this forum everyday...

Had contact with Defeng on 27th August, since then haven't heard from him anymore.
    Attachment 252724
    more detailed help would have been appreciated. i only have a small amount of money involved in this mess compared to a couple others but it's a stake that deserves satisfaction.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Small update:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Skillalot, well, I for one would like to thank you for the updates you have given, the information lines up with what Defeng told me he was trying to do just before he moved. Thanks again,Thanks also to the others who have been working quietly in the background trying to keep in touch, I appreciate it greatly.

regards,

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Yesssss, now the pot is starting to boil the queue will start to form for those machines that are going to be available from the stock of parts that will be in the store etc......pity on those who can only stand outside with their noses pressed to the window as the queue is so long.

For all those with the balls to commit money to the program and can stand the waiting, all I can say is you are in good company and when the orders start to get on a level tack once more all this will just be bad dream.

I take my hat off to Skillalot for bending over backwards to keep us informed.........so, thank you Skillo, much obliged old sport.

In the meantime, I'm working on a design for a small moving table router to cover a 250mm x 250mm work area as that is all that I want.....it could be bigger, but not in my desire for the type of work I want to do.

The total construction will be from 20mm thick aluminium plate material bolted together with cap screws.

Having sketched up the full size layout for the framework I've now gone to a full size model in 20mm thick sheet polystyrene as it's cheap and easy to work and rework, takes glue easy and mainly to see and get the feel of the framework and see if the travels of the various slides work out O.K. before committing to hardware and material etc.

I'm mainly interested in doing some probing, along with other things, with the router to generate the coding for when I get the SVM-0 mill I'm waiting for, while at the same time using it as a learning machine for better things to come as I am a total nooby when it comes to CNC work, but that will be for another thread when it starts to "materialise".
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've seen pictures yesterday of SVM-1 castings, and svm1 parts being machined on svm2...

Downloads
    Uploads

In your communications, has he given any reasonable reason as to why he hasn't popped in on this thread to update everyone with the latest status?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Stigoe View Post
    In your communications, has he given any reasonable reason as to why he hasn't popped in on this thread to update everyone with the latest status?
    good question but don't expect a straight answer. i still don't believe skillalot but if he can communicate what i would want to know is why is defeng working on a third machine when he hasn't fulfilled the orders for the first 2? it's just smoke and mirrors, if defeng won't reply here then this thread needs closed because it's just more of the same hearsay and broken records about noses to the glass.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know why he didn't post here, he said he would get back to the forum soon, but that was 2 weeks ago.
    I think he is just working hard to get everything up and running again.

Bjones, is you believe me or not, is not really my concern. I can post a picture of svm1 later today maybe, if that would prove something.

Defeng told me that because all the extra customising most people want it takes much more time, and he was waiting for parts now to finish the other orders.
    I don't know defeng in real life, but I had some nice conversations with him last year, then for a long time I didn't hear anything, and yesterday it was like good old times.
    I truely believe he is working hard to set things straight again. The lack of communications with the customers is not good, but maybe that is something typically chinese, I don't know.

The fact he could show me pictures of svm1 casting, machining, and sheet metal covers that I havent seen before tells me enough!

EDIT:
    Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end-ba41fa1cf2b77e02a4f07666891283ad-png Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end-e9a942dca52bfb056b1b806498db1f63-png Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end-6a9cbc3c68b77f0488f69beadc025cbf-png

Last edited by skillalot; 10-11-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

this isn't a chinese thing it's a cowards thing, he needs to man up and face the music and give his customers the treatment they deserve not hiding. if he thinks he can conduct business through a mouthpiece he's mistaken.

Last edited by ger21; 10-11-2014 at 01:55 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

If anyone's posts mention another member, or even refers to them, in any negative way, (determined by me) they'll be banned.
    I don't want to close this thread, and you guys aren't leaving me any other options.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh man, don't close this Thread! I have been following it like a soap opera. I love it. Best entertainment (reality show) on the air!!! I can't wait to see what happens next. Even if that includes a few humble and not so humble opinions! So Please Play Nice, Kids!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi.....I have always been of the opinion that if you should say something if you have something to say, not because you have to say something.

The bunch of castings in post #1208 appear to be stock from the previous work load venture, and by the amount of rust on the outside should be an indicator that they have been "aged" somewhat, so that means any orders with these castings would be quality assured.

I think we have come this far with our expectations and it now just remains to accept the fact that it won't happen today and it won't happen tomorrow, BUT IT WILL HAPPEN......trust me, I have great expectations with Defeng.....LOL.

With great expectation in the air, I now am going to prepare a dedicated space in my workshop (garage) for the SVM-0 mill and can at last assemble the steel bench I bought on special almost a year ago.

There's so many things to prepare for with the installation....electrical points, lighting and tool storage, and that is not counting a selection of tooling (cutters) to get the ball rolling.

I've opted for a number of ISO20 tool holders with ER32 ends with the package, so that will make up and running a possibility from day one or as soon as the packing case is opened and the machine hoisted onto the bench.

Peripherals like mist coolant, spindle water cooling system and most importantly a power draw bar need to be addressed for when the system is operational, but first I must become familiar with Mach 3 and G code.

I have a design for a power drawbar that is going to work with a ball screw and stepper motor pulling down a lever that will be clamped to the diam of the top of the ISO 20 spindle body as it will stick out of the top of the head casting and will remain there when the spindle gets changed for the water cooled high speed spindle.

Having the power draw bar mechanism attached to the spindle body top means once it's adjusted to depress the daw bar (5mm at most with a 10:1 ratio leverage) it will stay adjusted.

That will have to be made when the machine is installed using the machine as a guide to the fitment.

I'm also dreaming of having a simple form of ATC with a tool magazine on the end of the table, but that is for a later consideration.

There's a lot of junk that must be sacrificed for this new adventure.....LOL.
    Ian

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone else receive a mysterious package in the mail since the last 2 reports? I know several others have small orders placed like me which don't require any special work done so there is no excuse for the delay. Would be nice if defeng would show up again and run his business like a professional and give people the option to cancel their order and get their money back if they wish. That's what a reputable dealer would do.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did not receive any package and Mine is just resell part (s) which He doesnt do himself Anyway ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Ever thought he just took your guys money to build his own machines for himself? The guy has skills, but I'm feeling something bad is going to come from this. Hopefully for you guys he's just overwhelmed and is still working on things...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi......I guess that thought has crossed a few minds, but in the early photos there are a number of mills being assembled and some quite far advanced too......the electrical parts in one photo were being installed in the cabinets, so there is some definite progress happening, even if there has been a "quiet time".

The Afrikaaners have a saying when the times are getting difficult with no light at the end of the tunnel and it goes....ALLES SAL REG KOM....or all will come right.....LOL.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by diyengineer View Post
    Ever thought he just took your guys money to build his own machines for himself? The guy has skills, but I'm feeling something bad is going to come from this. .
    yes it has and it's not cool to ignore us and keep our money instead of offering refunds for those that may want it for his failure to deliver. there's nothing on his site saying our money is nonrefundable or be kept to fund other projects or items will take a year to deliver.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bjones View Post
    yes it has and it's not cool to ignore us and keep our money instead of offering refunds for those that may want it for his failure to deliver. there's nothing on his site saying our money is nonrefundable or be kept to fund other projects or items will take a year to deliver.
    I was just browsing the Chinese Central Authorities site.It seems the staff there speaks english as well as chinese, and they have phone numbers & email address.
    For those that have money tied up in this, it might be worth shooting them an email to get some direction which way to go.
    At the least,if the proper authorities get in touch with Defeng, it may light a small fire to have him make contact with his customers to give some sort of intentions.
    Just a thought...

Pat

Downloads
    Uploads

Nahht....I think I'll just wait it out........I have the deepest confidence that Defeng will produce the goods....just have to be patient like you would with any start up enterprise....the road can get a bit rocky sometimes.

If I was so dang bang in a hurry to get a mill at all costs, I'd have bought one that I might not all that much like but could get now ....'ços I was in a dang bang hurry....LOL.

Remember the old advice....marry in haste, repent at leisure.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by high-side View Post
    I was just browsing the Chinese Central Authorities site.It seems the staff there speaks english as well as chinese, and they have phone numbers & email address.
    For those that have money tied up in this, it might be worth shooting them an email to get some direction which way to go.
    At the least,if the proper authorities get in touch with Defeng, it may light a small fire to have him make contact with his customers to give some sort of intentions.
    Just a thought...

Pat
    thanks for the info, i'll look into it. defeng has done NOTHING to be given the benefit of doubt that he will act professionally on his own so maybe a kick in the butt from the authorities might do something, doubtful though. Can't sit around doing nothing.
    Quote George Carman "He behaved like an ostrich and put his head in the sand, thereby exposing his thinking parts."

Page 61 of 183 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111161 ... LastLast