New Machine Build Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end - Page 103

Page 103 of 183 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 3652

Thread: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end

In other words, nothing new under the Sun, but a definite step in the right direction along the tree of evolution.

Quite frankly, if the SVM-0 had started out with dovetail slides I wouldn't have given it a second look.......but that's just me.......actually it was the aspect of the split head casting for spindle change over that sold me completely.
    Ian..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 691175002 View Post
    These look really good. Once production starts to smooth out I might even grab one myself.

I assume the models shown on the webpage are out of date? They don't seem to line up with the pictures being shown in the thread. Wouldn't mind seeing prices on some of the options as well.

I'm actually surprised at how long it took for the Chinese to start competing with Tormach-style machines. Hobbiysts these days are very comfortable with cnc and g-code thanks to the proliferation of 3d printing. A lot of people who started with 3d-printing are becoming very interested in machining and I think cost and convenience are the factors holding them back.

I've been really surprised at the lack of competition (or even evolution - has there been a new product in the last five years?) for sherline/taig as well. I think if you make a machine with a compact enclosure that can be set on a desk/workbench it will be very popular. There isn't really anything accessible or convenient as an entry level machine right now.
    Tormach is a Chinese machine, as well as Novakon. Even the steppers and drives on the Tormach are Chinese, albeit very good Leadshine products.

I remember FlashCut advertising a Sherline with an exclusive ballscrew design but haven't seen it lately. Then again most Sherline and Taig guys I know of are into modelmaking and such where speed is not as much an issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

It's all gone very quiet again.........I wonder if the electric PDB is not working out as planned........a pity if it isn't working as I rather like the idea of a click on click off solution as opposed to the huff and puff other method.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

I prefer understing it different way , quiet = lot of work , so good thing no ? , more over don't see why the electric PDB will not work , that's basic motion no worry for that .
    The last shippment was a svm2 with an air PDB . Not yet an electric one shipped yet .
    The only thing i worried about is the massive explosion at tianjin hope D was not here at time of incident ! So much died and injured pray for them

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    I wonder if the electric PDB is not working out as planned........a pity if it isn't working as I rather like the idea of a click on click off solution as opposed to the huff and puff other method.
    Ian-
    pneumatic draw bar is just as much of a "click on click off solution". Push the button for open... push the button for close. simple, no fuss. Electric is an overly complex solution that isn't required. Anybody who has a milling machine should probably also have an air compressor. Some things are easier to do with pneumatic tools.

Worried about the noise of an air compressor? You are cutting metal with a milling machine... that is not exactly quiet, especially when you start boring holes or facing materials.

It is not like you are using a sewing machine...

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Let's not have this conversation again...

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jips View Post
    The only thing i worried about is the massive explosion at tianjin hope D was not here at time of incident ! So much died and injured pray for them
    He is too far away to be affected,by the explosion Tianjin is 400 miles from Yantai

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, an even greater worry is the devaluing of the Yuan posted on the news yesterday.......can't say by how much.

All Skyfire.com products are listed in US dollars, so this will affect the pricing eventually.

I would imagine that this might be to Defeng's advantage, as I US dollar now means more Yuans etc.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

I know that he not "work" here but in yentai , but people are not static have family etc... it's not all about the "machine production" there's human behind

Downloads
    Uploads

At the moment, all the trees are out in blossom as it's our Spring down under........in another 2 months the elapsed time will be 2 years since I placed the order for the SVM-0 mill........I hope I'll get some actual work time on the mill before they cart me off or I forget what a mill is......LOL.

I expect the deathly silence at the moment is due to Defeng touring the States setting up the dealership, so he'll be well away from the scene of the big bang.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, as they say, all good things come to those who are patient.
    My SVM-2 arrived today, and it is very nice and well built.
    Unfortunately it may be some weeks before I get to use it, but will post here once I do.
    Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end-dsc03416-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, happy, happy, joy, joy, as my kids would say!

How'd you go with the customs and brokerage fees?

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    Wow, happy, happy, joy, joy, as my kids would say!

How'd you go with the customs and brokerage fees?

cheers, Ian
    Not sure yet, should have the bill in a day or so, but it looked like it was going to be around the $2,500 including the GST, about the same as a new tooth….

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DagnWal View Post
    Not sure yet, should have the bill in a day or so, but it looked like it was going to be around the $2,500 including the GST, about the same as a new tooth….
    The good thing is you can make your own tooth now...

Show how to build a CNC machine from the very beginning to the end-jaws-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DagnWal View Post
    OMG.....there goes the kid's inheritance........Mum told me there would be days like this....LOL.......the term "jewel of a machine" just took on a new meaning.

You lucky dog........have fun.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

So does this make 2 machines delivered so far that we know of? Does anyone know how many mills were ordered and paid for altogether?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by inov8r View Post
    So does this make 2 machines delivered so far that we know of? Does anyone know how many mills were ordered and paid for altogether?
    i think its 4 shipped actually.

Downloads
    Uploads

My SVM2 has arrived as well, I'll try to post a photo over the weekend.

Downloads
    Uploads

I hope my SVM-0 arrives before July 2017 as the TV news just announced that the Government is going to apply GST to all private foreign imports after that date.......with GST at 10%, that would be another $600 out of my pocket in that case...... oh woe is me.......LOL.
    Ian.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by handlewanker View Post
    I hope my SVM-0 arrives before July 2017...
    I don't know... that seems wildly optimistic, after all you have only been waiting for what, 2 years?

Tim
    Tormach 1100-3 mill, Grizzly G0709 lathe, PM935 mill, SolidWorks, HSMWorks.

Page 103 of 183 FirstFirst ... 35393100101102103104105106113153 ... LastLast