VELOX CNC POST PROCESSOR TO USE ?

Thread: VELOX CNC POST PROCESSOR TO USE ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default VELOX CNC POST PROCESSOR TO USE ?

I picked up a nice used 2536 Velox cnc, The Velox site says you can use vectric 2d software but not sure which post processor to use.. the guy i got it from said its set up for MACH3 and to try MACH3 INCH TAP and that came up as a text and not nc file so it wouldn't read it. which PP should i use from the Vcarve drop down ? thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: VELOX CNC POST PROCESSOR TO USE ?

I'm going to ask this way... who out there has a Velox cnc and useing vectric software, what PP are you useing. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

ok, well i looked again at the vcarve PP drop down and all the mach2/3 PP are text files, so could someone please tell me if you know which PP would be a nc file. Here is what i'm trying to do.. I have vcarve pro on my laptop computer so i do the project toolpath etc and save it on a flashdrive and normally plug the FD into my ICONIC cnc and away i go, now i'm doing the same thing but for this VELOX cnc that has its own computer tower,monitor set up from velox as a complete unit with mach3 so am i doing this all wrong ? do i need to install vectric vcarve pro to this set up for it to work, or can it be as easy as just finding the right vectric PP that will work with mach3 that ends up as a NC file ?? thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

You are mixing post processor with G-code.
    Post processor "tells" VCarve how to generate G-code.
    When you generate tool paths in VC, you have to save them, somewhere, to be able to machine them.
    When saving G-code, you can choose from the drop down list the post processor.
    Your G-code files will have or .txt or .tap extension.

Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.