Need Help! calling on experts

Thread: calling on experts

Downloads
    Uploads

Question calling on experts

Is there anyway to bring this graphic into aspire and create a tool path to cut it out I have a friend that asked if i can cut this out
    Thanks all

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails calling on experts-crop-ov-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: calling on experts

If you have the original drawing, it looks to be a v-carve operation with the cut depth set to the depth of the flat area...if you mean cut out as in cutting around it to remove it, I think again if you have the original drawing, you could use a profile cut with a small (1/8" bit in order to get better detail...not sure if that is what you need.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by riggsp View Post
    If you have the original drawing, it looks to be a v-carve operation with the cut depth set to the depth of the flat area...if you mean cut out as in cutting around it to remove it, I think again if you have the original drawing, you could use a profile cut with a small (1/8" bit in order to get better detail...not sure if that is what you need.
    No I only have this picture I have tried to convert it many times and many different ways but I never get a good result
    To make a tool path from

Downloads
    Uploads

Only other solution I have, since it is a jpeg file, import the file as a bitmap then trace it on another layer...you can use node editing to move the lines after you do a rough trace...it's a time taker, but that is the only way I can figure to do that without the original drawing.

Downloads
    Uploads

You might be able to edit this in Photoshop or something (GIMP maybe), remove the surrounding area, convert to black and white, and use that as a height map to make an STL file. There's tutorials on how to do it with freeware online, though I've never tried it myself.

Downloads
    Uploads

you could dry doing a rub with a crayon and paper, that may give more contrast when you do a bitmap trace in v carve.

Downloads
    Uploads

Some quick research, and this is a logo for Old Vienna Beer. Y ou probably could recreate this with online artwork of the knight, and a font close enough....