1ST try at nesting, need to clarify some steps

Thread: 1ST try at nesting, need to clarify some steps

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1ST try at nesting, need to clarify some steps

VcarvePro 8.5

New to nesting.

I have watched a few videos but they did not address using multiple bits or when to set the cutting parameters..

Have a project where I am cutting the text with a 60 degree V bit then cutting the profile with a 1/4" bit.

There are ten items per 2x4' sheet and I need to five sheets for fifty pieces.

Do I have to do a tool change ten times per sheet, or could I engrave the ten pieces of text, then cut the profile of the ten pieces.

Another option would be to JIG mount the sheets, and engrave all the text on the five sheets then cut all the profiles of the five sheets.

Another Question regarding nesting:

Do I have one piece where I define the engraving and parimiter parameters on that piece then open nesting and define the ten nest quantity, and its ready to run?

Or, do I have one piece without any engraving and profile parameters, then open the nesting showing ten pieces then highlight all the engraving and set the parameters for that and do the same for the profile cutting of the ten pieces?

As you see I need some guidence here.
    Thanks
    Hager

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1ST try at nesting, need to clarify some steps

There is no one answer to any of your questions. You can do any of those things, and way you want.

Nesting only nests the vectors, and not the toolpaths. So, you'd nest all the vectors first, and then create the toolpaths.

You need to select all of the vectors and toolpaths for each of them. The order, and how you go about it, is up to you.

Another option is to not nest at all, but assign the toolpaths to a single part, and "Array" the toolpaths to cut the multiple parts.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)