Problem Please help not routing in the correct place on the board.

Thread: Please help not routing in the correct place on the board.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Please help not routing in the correct place on the board.

I'm not really sure what is causing my issues & I really have no idea where this should be placed but since I'm using V-carve Pro I figured this may be as good a place as any.

I'm new to CNC & I purchased a used DIY router this summer & I really haven't gotten to use it much yet. The router runs on DeskCNC & as I said I'm using V-carve Pro. These are simple letters for my daughter's cheerleaders she is coaching with a base to put their name in cut vinyl. This first photo shows the DeskCNC screen.

Please help not routing in the correct place on the board.-20171106_125714-jpg

The letters are going to have V-carved edges then I'll use an end mill to cut out the letters. But as you can see the first letter "G" v carve routed correctly but when the router moved to route the second letter "P" the router didn't move far enough away so it routed the center of the "P" over top of the "G" then when it started to route the body of the letter it wasn't even in the right place for the center of the "P".

Please help not routing in the correct place on the board.-20171106_125723_001-jpg

It seems to me that the movement with the router up are not accurate but while the router is down the scale is correct.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Please help not routing in the correct place on the board.

I'm running the router at 20in / min

Downloads
    Uploads

When the router is up, it's running at the rapid feedrate, which is probably set much faster. This is probably causing the machine to lose steps during rapid moves.

Find the velocity setting for your motors in DeskCNC, and try reducing it by 25%-50%.

But before you do that, try reducing the acceleration settings by the same amount.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Gerry I'll try that tomorrow, it doesn't seem to be moving any faster but I'm new to this CNC stuff

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok so I kinda figured out how to keep the router from doing this but I'm not sure why it is doing this.

If I power the router on before I turn on the computer it is "jumpy" when jogging it around and when this happens it routes in the wrong place. If I turn the router on before the computer everything seems to be fine.