Newbie Vacuum Forming Shrinkage and Control

Thread: Vacuum Forming Shrinkage and Control

Default Vacuum Forming Shrinkage and Control

Hi Everyone,

We recently go into Vacuum forming process. We mostly form 0.125'' HDPE sheets to build fenders and other panels. I know from online research that HDPE has high shrinkage rate and needs to be controlled carefully.
    So once the molds are pulled, how long should one cool them? I wanted to know the timings of the cooling cycle. Also based on the few trial parts pulled, which were cooled to room temperature before taking off the machine.
    I have observed that the parts warp a lot. Should the parts after being pulled and cooled, still be mounted on a fixture to control warp and further shrinkage? I am having a lot trouble dealing with the shrinkage and how to control it.
    And advise, manuals or documents on this would be truly appreciated.

Thank you.