Vacuum forming heat source

Thread: Vacuum forming heat source

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Vacuum forming heat source

Hey everyone, so I wanted to upgrade my heat source and vacuum set up. Since i have found that a heat source is hard for some people myself included because of my garage limitations i did some research and found some people using infrared space heaters or patio heaters with a foil lined box over it. So i got a 1500 watt infrared heater and tore it down, got a new nox built for the guys and then got some wood and made the "tower" and lined it with foil. The "tower" is smaller at the bottom and gets to be the frame size at the top so the frame with plastic can sit on it. So my research showed me that infrared heats objects in front of it not the air. So the foil lined tower should reflect all that to the plastic sitting on top. So im really hoping this works because if it doesnt i may be in a jam. The other people using set ups like thisbusually had 2000 watt heaters which i could not find and could only get a 1500 instead. i have no idea how far away the plastic neesto be to heat as i will be using .093 abs. Here are some photos. Have any of you guys used something like this?