Need Help! Forming LDPE -

Thread: Forming LDPE -

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Forming LDPE -

Greetings all, New at the forum.
    I'm forming LDPE and need some guide as to how many holes I will need.
    Currently have an Aluminum plate with two pockets in the inside. The hole size diamiter will be 0.0135 (#80 drill). I know its small but larger sizes are leaving severe dimples. Wondering if there is a ratio per square inch(s) I should be using. Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by achtung8 View Post
    Greetings all, New at the forum.
    I'm forming LDPE and need some guide as to how many holes I will need.
    Currently have an Aluminum plate with two pockets in the inside. The hole size diamiter will be 0.0135 (#80 drill). I know its small but larger sizes are leaving severe dimples. Wondering if there is a ratio per square inch(s) I should be using. Thanks
    Vac forming usually doesn't require a hugh number of vacuum holes to work. I use as few as possible usually placed sparingly around the perimeter then in recessed detail areas. Without knowing details, sufficient vacuum is critical in pulling good detail. I don't visit here very often but am on another vac former forum, TK560 much more often. Hit the Discussion link towards the bottom of the left hand nav bar.
    hth, Doug