Breakout board advise please

Thread: Breakout board advise please

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Breakout board advise please

I acquired an old 4x8 cnc router and after installing mach3 on an old windows xp desktop and buying a C10 bob I finally got things going. I drew my first project in vectric aspire and cut for 15 hrs with no problem. I shut everything down that night and the next day my z and x axis only move in one direction.
    I checked wires and swapped things around finally found that changing pins on the breakout board fixed the problem.
    So my questions are #1. what is the best thing to replace this bob with? This is a big heavy machine (5000 lbs)? all 3/16 steel construction including the gantry. #2 I currently have both nema 34 x axis motors on separate drivers but same pins on the bob, should I change that? I would like to get something with a relay to control on/off for dust collector.
    I would also like to eventually add a rotating axis and vacuum pumps for the existing vacuum table that I am currently not using due to no pumps.
    I am open to any suggestions, usb, ethernet? I dont really know anything about this other than what I've taught myself through the process of rebuilding this machine.
    Thanks in advance for any help

Shane

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Breakout board advise please

Not sure why it would not work, the C10 can be set for sink or source inputs, did you have these right?
    Can you post a diagram of sorts?

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Everything did work, I jogged everything around just playing with mach3 for a week or so and then it cut perfectly for about 15 hrs. I shut down the machine and computer and the next day z and x were not moving correctly, changing the output wires to z and x to different pins and everything works again. I'm not sure what you mean with sink or source inputs?

Downloads
    Uploads

Page 5 & 6 of the manual explains it.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Page 5 & 6 of the manual explains it.
    Now that I look at that again I do remember reading that, at the time I didn't understand what it was talking about. I have it set to pull down but I'm not using any inputs on the breakout board if that matters. I have 2-9 set to pull up and com set to ground.