Need help with Yasnac MX-2 DNC (Drip feed) error

Thread: Need help with Yasnac MX-2 DNC (Drip feed) error

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help with Yasnac MX-2 DNC (Drip feed) error

The machine is a Matsuura MC-760V with a YASNAC MX-2 control. I have no issues with uploading or downloading programs, but when I try to run in Tape (DNC/Drip feed) mode the machine shuts off and the display shows "CP-02 ERROR #39 B0:00:820"
    In the past I could run it in Tape mode using an old laptop with Win XP. That computer broke, and I lost all my settings with it. Currently I'm using a Win 7 64 bit computer with EdytorNC for uploading programs.
    I have tried every parameter and PC settings I could find online to no avail.
    Has anyone experienced something similar?
    Help would be much appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help with Yasnac MX-2 DNC (Drip feed) error

nwiesz,
    820 alarm means ROM error. In your case #39 on CP-02 board.
    If you're careful you can try to check if the chip is seated correctly in the socket.
    I you get no joy from that try calling Yaskawa for repair advice.
    ***Make a backup of all parameters before attempting any repairs***

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the feedback.
    We have checked the board and it looks OK.
    I made a few versions of the RS 232 plugs. Some are wired for hardware control. With them loading programs in and out of the machine work fine. When sending the program from PC to the machine or vice-versa it waits until the other is ready to receive and than transfers the file. When trying to use this setting in TAPE (DNC) mode I set the machine up to receive the file, but the PC shows "waiting for machine to respond" and nothing else happens.

When I use the plug wired for software control (Xon Xoff) the PC or the machine just dumps the file, if the receiving end is not set up ahead of the time. When I set the receiving end up prior to sending the program, it is loading fine. If I try this setup for TAPE (DNC) the machine just shuts off with the earlier mentioned ERROR code and the PC just keeps dumping the file uncontrolled until the end of the program.

The YASNAC MX-2 has very small memory and for some 3 axis surface milling we really need to use DNC.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by nweisz View Post
    When trying to use this setting in TAPE (DNC) mode I set the machine up to receive the file, but the PC shows "waiting for machine to respond" and nothing else happens.
    ...try turning down the Feedrate Override to 0-10% than push Cycle start on CNC......then start sending from PC