dead computer? (parallel port)

Thread: dead computer? (parallel port)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default dead computer? (parallel port)

So I bought this 'homemade' CNC several years ago and grabbed an old computer out of my closet. It was the only one I had with a parallel port to connect my controller to. I have only used my CNC a few times in the last few years but last time I used it was about 6 months ago and found I had a broken shaft coupler. Ordered new ones and just replaced the broken one the other day cause daughter wants me to make her a sign. Anyway, went downstairs today to put it all back together and turned my computer on and no image on the monitor. Grabbed another monitor and still no image. I get a quick flicker on the screen then black again. So thinking my embedded graphics card is gone? I will have to look through my PC parts to see if I have a sister card to mount to that motherboard but if I don't what are my options? I thought I remembered years ago reading that there was an adapter to connect to parallel? Or maybe it was a new controller that had a different connection? What is a ballpark price? I could check eBay for an old computer to use. FWIW-I have a B.S. in IT and have built dozens of computers but the last one was about 2014 and I don't think I have taken the cover off of one since then...lol.
    I'm running Mach 3 but no idea what version or anything. It's the same one that has been on it since about 2010 when I got it. I don't want to put too much money in this as I rarely use it and had been thinking of selling it but if it's a cheap or easy enough fix I will just fix it.

If it matters my current PC is from about 2003 running XP