Issues Duplicating Lines of Code when sending through RS-232

Thread: Issues Duplicating Lines of Code when sending through RS-232

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Issues Duplicating Lines of Code when sending through RS-232

Here is my setup. I have a Haas UMC-750. We send programs to this machine through RemoDNC software. The dnc software communicates to the machine through the Ethernet port on the computer to a DE-311 Moxa Ethernet to Serial device server which is connected to the RS-232 port of the machine. I have 20+ machines connected this way and they have always worked flawlessly. The Haas has always worked flawlessly as well until we started running more complicated parts which required adaptive tool paths. This pushes the program size to over 140k. Normally programs for the lathes are 1k at most, we never have problems with the lathes. Normally the Haas machine programs are not that big so I don't have any issues, but i have had a few programs that were over 150k or larger and Every time we try to load those larger programs we don't get any errors but we will get duplicate lines in the program. I found this out because as i was proving a program out i just posted and the machine was gouging into my part, then i noticed there was 3 lines of code exactly the same in a row. I didn't look right, so i sent that program back to my computer to make it easier to see and with the CNC editor i can compare two files and it will tell me if there are any differences. There were a few dozen duplicate lines in there. Anyone ever had this problem? Is there a file size limitation or buffer issue with using RS-232 to send large files?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Issues Duplicating Lines of Code when sending through RS-232

Did you ever get this figured out?
    I'm just about to try out a Moxa 5100 series.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by roamer View Post
    Did you ever get this figured out?
    I'm just about to try out a Moxa 5100 series.
    I never figured out how to stop it from happening using the RS-232 and Moxa setup so I purchased the Ethernet option from Haas which lets me setup the machines as a share on my network. Then we just drag and drop files onto the machine just like any other network drive. I haven't had an issue as of yet with this new setup. I would suggest until you are confident you aren't having this issue send the program to you machine and then send it right back to your computer. Use a program to compare the two files and make sure they match. That's the only way to be sure you wont have any errors that will crash your machine, at least that's the only way I have found to work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cncsuper View Post
    I never figured out how to stop it from happening using the RS-232 and Moxa setup so I purchased the Ethernet option from Haas which lets me setup the machines as a share on my network. Then we just drag and drop files onto the machine just like any other network drive. I haven't had an issue as of yet with this new setup. I would suggest until you are confident you aren't having this issue send the program to you machine and then send it right back to your computer. Use a program to compare the two files and make sure they match. That's the only way to be sure you wont have any errors that will crash your machine, at least that's the only way I have found to work.
    Thanks, I'll do that.
    II have Predator, so file compare will be easy to do.
    I just got the Moxa connected and talking.
    I'm going to make up some shorter cables, get things mounted properly then I'll start with some speed tests.
    Once I get the speed I'm looking for I'll send a couple big files and compare.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well mine is working good. I'm at 115200 and no duplications.
    I did have a larger file come back, but it turned out to be my control added missing zeros.
    Turned an M6 into an M06, X.255 to X0.255 etc.
    I'll try a couple more files.
    But I sent the file to the machine that came From the machine and sent it back to the pc and it was identical.