Wiring manual pulse generator directly to 2nd parallel port

Thread: Wiring manual pulse generator directly to 2nd parallel port

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Wiring manual pulse generator directly to 2nd parallel port

Hello to all I am trying to add a manual pulse generator to my cnc router via parallel port. I installed a 2nd pci parallel port card to my pc and I have the pinout for the mpg. I just dont know how to get the 5v and 0v from the pc to the mpg here is the pinout and mpg I have

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wiring manual pulse generator directly to 2nd parallel port-mpg-circuit-png   Wiring manual pulse generator directly to 2nd parallel port-screenshot_20191203-114856_chrome-jpg   Wiring manual pulse generator directly to 2nd parallel port-screenshot_20191210-143408_chrome-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring manual pulse generator directly to 2nd parallel port

The disk drive power connectors in the PC will have +5v, +12v, and ground connections on it. You can get a drive power extension cable, clip off the side you don't need, and use that to gain access to the power lines you need.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by __Britt View Post
    The disk drive power connectors in the PC will have +5v, +12v, and ground connections on it. You can get a drive power extension cable, clip off the side you don't need, and use that to gain access to the power lines you need.
    Britt, thanks for the reply and ...wow I didnt even think to use the PC's board to get my power from.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by __Britt View Post
    Hey britt can you post some pictures of the cable you are referring to so I will know which one to splice into

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wiring manual pulse generator directly to 2nd parallel port

you can connect to the red and black wires from a 4 pin MOLEX or 15 way SATA power cable

Wiring manual pulse generator directly to 2nd parallel port-mpg-pulse-generator-4-pin-molex-jpg

or

a USB cable

Wiring manual pulse generator directly to 2nd parallel port-usb-pinout-jpg

John