Hooking up new stepper control setup, need advice

Thread: Hooking up new stepper control setup, need advice

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hooking up new stepper control setup, need advice

Hello everyone,

I got a stepper setup in the works and I am trying to test put my build. I have two axis ready and wired. I have an older HP XW4600 workstation PC and was wondering if it will communicate with the breakout board. I tried with a laptop but i bought a printer cable and not a native parallel connector so that did not work. Does anyone know if the parallel connector built into the motherboard will work? Or do i have to buy an external pci parallel card?

The attached picture shows it numbered 34

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hooking up new stepper control setup, need advice-screenshot_20190114-203829_drive-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hooking up new stepper control setup, need advice

Quote Originally Posted by silverdrgn View Post

. Does anyone know if the parallel connector built into the motherboard will work?

The attached picture shows it numbered 34

It should work fine if that's how your system communicates with the breakout board.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hooking up new stepper control setup, need advice

Everyone here at Dean's Tank Inc., from the service professionals to the office staff, is dedicated to exceeding your expectations.Serving the Twin Cities and all of Minnesota, Dean’s Tank is the most experienced residential petroleum tank contractor in the Midwest. With over 20 years of experience, we will work with your individual needs and will complete the project according to your specifications.