Looking for compound angle cutting on sheet goods...

Thread: Looking for compound angle cutting on sheet goods...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for compound angle cutting on sheet goods...

I'm building a climbing wall, and hopefully lots more to come. Currently I cut my wood the old fashioned way, but am considering having my sheets CNC'd out. Cuts would need to be all sort of compound angles, odd shapes, etc. on 3/4" plywood. Who out there can tackle these kind of jobs? Shoot me a message and I'll give more info. Thanks,

Dameronw

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for compound angle cutting on sheet goods...

I'm not in the USA and not attempting to quote,but to offer some advice.If you have the dimensions of the parts and the sheet can fit onto the machine any CNC owner ought to be able to consider the job.Adding you location to your profile would be useful as the cost of transporting to Florida from Oregon for instance would hardly help the job.It also happens that if I post anything to a thread with a new forum member who doesn't give a location the next few days bring a flurry of emails from Nigerian lawyers telling me that I and only I can help them retrieve several million dollars that their uncle/father inlaw/business partner has carelessly left in escrow.If you a a serious buyer of parts you would help yourself enormously by getting them drawn up in CAD and saving as .dxf files to be emailed with NDA to prospective machining businesses.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for compound angle cutting on sheet goods...

Ideally you want someone with a 5 axis machine. Check commercial cabinet shops in your area.

Cutting odd angled edges on a 3 axis machine is not very efficient. A sliding table saw would probably be faster.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)