Small Parts, Large Quantity

Thread: Small Parts, Large Quantity

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Small Parts, Large Quantity

Looking to get 2000 of each of these made, maybe.

Material is Aluminum

But would like a quote for Polycarbonate as well.

If you have access to do injection molding, then look at parts 2a, otherwise, only look at the aluminum parts (ignore the 2a). Injection molding material clear polycarbonate.

Files are in 2011 Solidworks format. .sldprt

If you need another file type, let me know.

SolidWorks Files

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

PM quote sent.

Matt.

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay guys...

I'm getting very pricey qoutes. Alot more than I expected.

I had qoutes for injection molding from several chinese distributors that put the parts at about .17 each when ordered in 4,000 quantity each.

That, plus the tooling came to about 4.5k.

So, it's clear injection molding is the way to go.

Another option I am thinking about doing, is redesigning the chip with holes, then they won't need a case, merely just encase the chip into resin. But still need to figure something out for the magnets.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon69 View Post
    Okay guys...

I'm getting very pricey qoutes. Alot more than I expected.

I had qoutes for injection molding from several chinese distributors that put the parts at about .17 each when ordered in 4,000 quantity each.

That, plus the tooling came to about 4.5k.

So, it's clear injection molding is the way to go.

Another option I am thinking about doing, is redesigning the chip with holes, then they won't need a case, merely just encase the chip into resin. But still need to figure something out for the magnets.
    That surprises you how? you are quoting over seas injection molding. Let us know in 4 months how you are still waiting for your chinese shipment to come off the boat.

Downloads
    Uploads

ya, I know. I think the quotes I got were actually from within the US, however, the tooling was being manufactured in china. Still, I understand.

I think the price to shell out at one time to have the stuff made is just too much. I'm not even sure I can make the money back from selling the products yet.

The more I think about it, using the circuit boards themselves with holes to mount and just encasing the circuits in resin is probably the cheapest way to go. I just need to figure out how I'm going to mount the magnets.

This is for a project i started in this thread in case anyone was wandering what I was trying to accomplish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can do these parts for you super inexpensive. want to pm me your phone number so I can give you a call?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Falcon,
    I have some experience with what your trying to do. We have machined manifolds and Molds for potting cable assemblies. I will take a pic and upload it for you later.

It sounds like this would be a good application for you if you just wanted to encase it.

I'll take a look at the material we used to pot it to. It comes out as a liquid form and then solidifies. Pretty cool stuff actually.

I'll post here later today.
    Tom

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just looked at the date on this post. Let me know if you want me to post the pics on this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Poting resin

Here is a few pics on some of the projects we have worked on. I think you could use this stuff to encapsulate your circuit boards. Would just need to build a mold for it. Once it cures its pretty tough stuff.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Small Parts, Large Quantity-1-jpg   Small Parts, Large Quantity-2-jpg   Small Parts, Large Quantity-4-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I have redesigned the end result, and now am looking for these to be made. just one of each, maybe more if the price is right.

These are molds that will be filled with clear glass-like epoxy resin, so the milling on them needs to be polished.

I'm thinking they should be made out of aluminum, but anything that is solid and doesn't react to the resin or releasing agent should be fine.

Here's some 3D pdf files, and the SolidWorks files.

I do not have any other files, like DXF or drawing files. All the information can be gotten off the solidworks files.

Limit Switch Mold PDF
    Magnet Switch Mold PDF
    SolidWorks Zipped Files

Downloads
    Uploads

I like the housing for the wiring, it has a circuit board in there?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, a circuit board inside. I have the molds made now, but I am having trouble with the pouring of resin. It's getting inside of the 3.5mm Stereo Jack and the Mini-USB, making the parts un-useable. I'm trying a new method now using clear scotch tape and clear silicon. Hope it works. will require a little more labor, but the end result will be very nice looking, if it works..

Downloads
    Uploads

I tried to PM you but your box was full. Please email me at dereck@aerotechnologieswest.com. Thanks!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

if you still interested in aluminium material made those parts, we would be gladly to quote you a price for your reference.

can you switch the format by 2008 version or IGS format? and send to us by email?

We are the aluminium extruder and fabricator in China, hopefully we can be helpful based on our years experience in the aluminium fields.

thank you.
    DongMing Aluminium Co.,Ltd.
    aluinfo@gmail.com

Aluminium Extrusion Manufacturer and Aluminium Fabricator-Aluminum Extrusion | Aluminum Profile | Aluminum Parts Manufacturer