100 Units - Alum6061 Part - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100 Units - Alum6061 Part

Downloads
    Uploads

thats to bad. i would like to add to your advice of using credit-cards, or pay-pal. i have had a bad experience where i used pay-pal to pay for something. i funded the purchase directly from my personal checking account. i never received my item, and filed a claim with pay-pal. pay-pal contacted the seller, and informed him that if he could not provide a valid tracking number they were going to refund my money. the seller then waited untill the time-frame to file a dispute was almost over, and shipped me a box containing a telephone book! (not what i had paid $500 for!). but it allowed him to file a valid tracking number with pay-pal. by the time i recieved it, the time allotment for the claim, or any further disputes had passed, and because he provided a valid tracking number they closed my original claim in his favor. i was out $500! my point is always fund with a credit-card. they will actually protect you. pay-pal's support is a joke at best!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow guys..... bad times. And to think I feel like I friggin idiot because I'm a week behind on something due to a totally foolish error... and ordering a tool gone MIA. Well, I'll still feel like an idiot anyway, but you guys are picking the wrong offers or something.

Thing is, you might get a better price on here than local. It just depends. But with what you guys are saying, it sure would scare people. I know around here the other shops would do a good job, but on certain things, I could blow them out of the water on price. Just depends on what it is. Just saying it doesn't hurt to test the waters online.

It can go the other way too. I've had a couple people that I offered quotes to that will come back and say, "I have a quote for $x.xx. If you can do $0.50 cheaper, I'll give you the job." And, sorry, but can not play that game, especially since I am often on the low side anyway.

I know there are a lot of hobby guys on here, and may or may not have experience. But, when they do it as a hobby, one must wonder how it may be handled, though I expect many are more professional about it than I am. And, some seem to quote cheap for the simple fact that it is a hobby. Some of us others use machines that consume more power in 1 hour sitting idle than those little benchtops do in 12 hours of solid use. So, no, I can not compete with a benchtop hobby guy doing it for beer money, even though I may be able to remove material 100 times faster.

Anyway, in my long-windedness, maybe when there is harder pushing for lower price, some of these guys find they jumped in over there head. I've goofed on a quote before too, stupid mistake, probably came out to $15/hour. But, it still got done, and that is the way it is suppose to be.

Downloads
    Uploads

There needs to be a feature here exclusively for customer input, good and bad. I have a current customer who used Ollin and paid in advance for a few thousand pieces of crap. I believe they outsource work to 3rd world countries, hence the long lead times. There are a lot of Chinese machine shops masquerading as being in the USA and middle men playing like they are machine shops in here. That is where most of the bad work comes from.

Downloads
    Uploads

my experience i mentioned had nothing to do with CNCzone. or any machine shop. i just bought something from an individual over the internet. i was just using it as an example to show people not to count on paypal to step up to the plate and right any wrongs.

now, not to turn this thread into something its not, dualkit brought up a very good point. and i wish more people would take value in an established business's, or individual's integrity. piece of mind is worth alot in my book! everybody is looking for cheap-cheap-cheap. well that savings comes from somewhere, and most times its customer service that suffers first! you get what you pay for will always ring true in my mind.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Price wise they were middle of the road. There is always a balance between price, time to deliver, quality etc. I think I would be afraid to take the lowest bid on machined items, lol. It may just turn into a $400 lesson, I'm glad I didn't give him any big orders up front.

Crazy about the phone book, I think I'll stick to credit cards after that story!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Dean Mortera is suppose to have 40 experience in the aerospace industries

From Linkdin
    To offer our customers the ability to turn their ideas into something real. We offer a machining service with over 40 years of combined aerospace experience via our website to convert CAD or sketch drawings into a machine part.

Dean Mortera | LinkedIn

Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

[QUOTE=jeffrey001;1129687]Dean Mortera is suppose to have 40 experience in the aerospace industries

From Linkdin
    To offer our customers the ability to turn their ideas into something real. We offer a machining service with over 40 years of combined aerospace experience via our website to convert CAD or sketch drawings into a machine part.

Dean Mortera | LinkedIn

Jeff[/QUOTE]
    I had a guy working under me that had 40 years experience working in aerospace. He was 58 and had worked at ITT Canon for 40 years since he was 18. He was a low level operator who didn't know a left handed drill from a right handed drill. He probably stopped learning after year one, experience means nothing if you don't learn.

Downloads
    Uploads

If every body saying that they work in the aerospace industry was really the case, , USA would need at least 10 000 000 new immigrants to fill up all those jobs,

Same thing for linkedIN, everybody is an engineer, everybody.

Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey001 View Post
    If every body saying that they work in the aerospace industry was really the case, , USA would need at least 10 000 000 new immigrants to fill up all those jobs,

Same thing for linkedIN, everybody is an engineer, everybody.

Jeff
    There are plenty of low skilled jobs in the aerospace industry and millions of simple parts that are made to support it. I have worked at an aerospace company and done aerospace work myself as a DOD contractor. I have seen hordes of prints that haven't been updated since WW2 (Well before NC and CNC machines) with wide open tolerances. Many could me made with a hacksaw and a file. Aerospace does not necessarily equal tight tolerance hard to make parts.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    There needs to be a feature here exclusively for customer input, good and bad. I have a current customer who used Ollin and paid in advance for a few thousand pieces of crap. I believe they outsource work to 3rd world countries, hence the long lead times. There are a lot of Chinese machine shops masquerading as being in the USA and middle men playing like they are machine shops in here. That is where most of the bad work comes from.
    There is a feature here on this forum located here, Machinist Feedback - CNCzone.com-The Largest Machinist Community on the net! that was designed to be used to give feedback. But many times, it gets all kinds of other posts so I think it gets ignored a lot.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 100 Units - Alum6061 Part

Good Morning,
    I'm a small manufacturer with a very low overhead. Be happy to provide you with
    a quote on these plates. Please send me a drawing for quote
    Thanks Ken Webb

keljentech@hotmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I am a small manufacturer with a very low overhead. I'd be glad to provide you with a
    quote on these plates. Please send you drawing to
    Ken Webb
    keljentech@hotmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KeljenTech View Post
    I am a small manufacturer with a very low overhead. I'd be glad to provide you with a
    quote on these plates. Please send you drawing to
    Ken Webb
    keljentech@hotmail.com
    You are going to quote a job that was posted a half dozen plus years ago? If you can't read a date, how do you read part drawings?

Downloads
    Uploads

No Rush on the delivery

Downloads
    Uploads

Please send files to keljentech@hotmail.com
    Thanks
    Ken Webb

- - - Updated - - -

Please send files to keljentech@hotmail.com