CNC Machine

Thread: CNC Machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC Machine

I would love any kind of help because i dont have much hair left to pull out LOL
    I am VERY new to this and I thought I would like to build my own machine.
    I bought a kit online and appranetly even though it said it was in New York Im thinking it was from China. LOL
    Question is I have a breakout board CNCV4 with a driver FMD2740C
    I have looked EVERY WHERE trying to get some kind of help and its killing me lol
    I am just trying to get my stepper motor to turn
    From everything I have read I have it hooked up right and I can actually hear it move when I first plug it in but then I push the buttons on the keypad that came with it and I get nothing
    I try to move it from the software and I get nothing. I can see the buttons moving the numbers in the software so I am guessing that part is working but the motor and I have tried two of them will not turn
    I thought at one time it was because my wire was to small or large I guess in gauge so i tried 18 gauge and still have nothing.
    My breakout board is connected to only the x driver (trying to get that to work and then move forward) and the driver is coneected to the stepper and the power supply?
    I know without a bunch of drawings or other pictures this seems to be a hard question to ask but maybe someone out there can figure out what I am doing wrong?
    I dont know if I need power to the breakout board I have seen people say it needs a 5v pawer but I am assuming that the usb cable is powering it thru the laptop
    The problem to me seems to be between the driver and the breakout board but again I do not know. I have tried just about every dip switch combination on the driver.
    If someone can give me pics if the settings for the driver and the breakout board that would help me Tremendously
    Thanks in advanced

Similar Threads:

Downloads
      Uploads

Default Re: CNC Machine

It sounds like you've bought a motion control system before constructing the machine it's supposed to work with. It's usually a better idea to do the reverse - build the frame of a machine, with 3 or more sliding axes and some way to move them - either screws or some kind of rack and pinion system - then figure out what's the best way to power it. In the time it takes to build all that, you get time to research the various options in motion control. By the time you've put all that work in, the very cheapest option may no longer seem like the best one.

If you want help getting this "kit" to work, it would help to provide a link to whatever it was that you bought. "CNCV4" doesn't bring up any specific breakout board, and FMD2740C is a fairly generic Chinese driver. You didn't tell us anything about the motor you're trying to run; all the info you can provide about it would also be helpful. It's hard to say what your problem might be, but I doubt it's related to the thickness of your wires. Without knowing more about your particular breakout board, I can't say if it needs a separate low-voltage power input or not. But depending on your particular laptop, it's possible it may not be providing enough power though the USB port, if it is necessary.

Whenever you buy a piece of electronic equipment, what you're really buying is a promise that it will function in the way you expect. When these things are sold without any support whatever, the fulfillment of that promise is entirely your responsibility. If you don't know how to make it work, and the people who sold it to you won't help, what exactly is it that you have purchased?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
      [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
      Downloads
      Uploads

Hey thanks for your reply I have been reading about windowed 10 cutting the current to usb ports not real site if That's the problem
      I do have the screws and rails and frame size for the cnc I was just testing to make sure the motors and drivers work before I put it all together. Don't know how to do this but I'm going to try and paste your description for the kit I bought. If there isn't a attachment let me know please

Registered
      Downloads
      Uploads

【USA Stock & Free VAT & Free Duty】

3 Axis Nema23 112mm Stepper Motor 425oz-in Dual Shaft & Driver USB CNC Kit
      for CNC Router Engraving Milling Machine

Good News:

We have USA Warehouse in United States,so we will ship from USA Warehouse to United States.

Fast shipping and fast delivery.

Package-Included

Package:

3 x 23HS2430B Nema23 Stepper Motor (Dual Shaft,112mm lenght,425Oz-in,3.0A)
      3 x FMD2740C Stepper Motor Driver
      1 x 400W 36V 9.7A DC switching power supply
      1 x 4 Axis USBCNC breakout board
      1 x Hand controller
      1 x USB Cable
      English user manual and software and register code or send you link and you download them.

Features

100% Brand New and High Quality!!!

This interface board is based on USBCNC MK1 and just use in our provide software and function, cannot support other versions of the software and function

1) Products brief introduction

USBCNCV4.0 is a high performance motion controller which based on PC software USBCNC control, the system can complete the conversion from G code to connect stepper motor’s driver motion control signal without requiring any additional hardware and software. This control card is compatible with most stepper driver and servo driver,it is a perfect controller that instead of parallel Mach3 interface board.

2) Computer system requirement
      Minimum configuration:

1) CPU:1GHz

2) Memory: 512MB

3) 500MB free disk space

4) DIRECTX9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

5) USB 2.0 interface

6) Net FRAMEWORK 3.5SP1

USBCNC \u63A5\u53E3\u677F-2

The recommended configuration:

1) CPU:2GHz dikaryon

2) Memory: 2GB;

3) 1G free disk space

4) DIRECTX9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

5) USB 2.0 interface

6) Net FRAMEWORK 3.5SP1

3.Production feature

1. After the revision,V4 version using the red PCB board, PCB size is 135.3*82.5mm.;

2. The front of the narrow edge placed with USB communication interface and DB9 hand control interface for the convenience of customers drawn from the case panel directly;

3. The back-end of narrow edge is power input and output interface and 3 relay output interface; relay is strong interference source, relay away from the design of main control chip, it is conducive to the stability of the board;

4. One of the two wide sides is stepper motor and principal axiscontrol signal output;

5. The another side of two wide sides is the emergency stop, manual speed input, limiting input interface; one side for the input, another side output connection mode is simple and convenient;

6. 5V and 12V power module compact independence, security, stability;

7. External ensure the stability of the system work effectively with crystal active and main control chip shield;

8.outline dimension is 135.3*82.5mm, product positioning hole installment dimension is 127*75mm

9. The software is USBCNC,not mach3,pls note!

This item is easy to operate for DIY hobby user,but it is control by USB port,so need more careful for the software install,and pls must be strict read the user manual and follow us.

2. FMD2740C stepper motor driver
      1)Brief introduction
      FMD2740Cdriven by Japanese sanyo's chip,After multiple optimize R & D and production of high-subdivision 2-phase stepper motor drives, suitable for driving small and medium-sized phase current is less than 4A 2-phase or 4-phase hybrid stepping motor. Due to the adoption of the new bipolar constant current chopper drive technology, using the same motor can output more speed and power than other drivers. Segments stepper motor running accuracy improved, reduces vibrations and noise reduction.

2)Features
      1. High-performance, low price

2. Bipolar constant current chopping mode

3. Power supply voltage 12 to 40VDC

4. High-speed optocoupler signal isolation input

5. 20kHz chopping frequency

6. Subdivision precision 2\8\16\32\64\128\10\20 optional

7. Electrical input signal is TTL compatible

8. Stationary current is automatically reduced by half

9. Shape design is convenient for installation

10.Maximum drive current is 4A

11.Drive any 4A phase current of 2-phase or 4-phase hybrid stepping motor

3)Applications
      Suitable for a variety of small and medium-sized automation equipment and instruments,for example: Small engraving machine, SMT machine, etc.

4)Wiring defined
      Weak signal interface

Signal

Function

SP+

Pulse signal + end

SP-

Pulse signal - end

DIR+

Direction signal +end

DIR-

Direction signal-end

EN+

Enable signal +end

EN-

Enable signal -end

Strengths connection port

Signal

Function

VIN+

12to50 v dc power supply input +end,it is recommended to use 36V3A

GND

DC power supply connection ground

A+

Stepper motor A + Phase terminal

A-

Stepper motor A - Phase terminal

B+

Stepper motor B+ Phase terminal

B-

Stepper motor B - Phase terminal

NOTE: This drive does not contain anti-anti-interpolation circuit so non-input positive and negative power supply upside down! Otherwise it will damage the drive!

5)The electrical characteristics

6)The use of the environment and parameters
      Cooling method

Natural cooling or forced air cooling

Use of the environment

Occasions

Avoid dust, oil mist and corrosive gases

Temperature

0°C-+50°C

Humidity

40-90%RH

Vibration

6m/s2 MAX

Storage temperature

-20°C-+65°C

Weight

250g

7)Mechanical installation size

8) Power supply

The supply voltage can work normally in between DC12V-50V, FMD2740C driver can use ordinary switch DC power supply, can also be used for transformer and the bridge rectifier and filter capacitor, capacitance desirable 2000U to 5000U. Note rectified voltage ripple crest does not exceed 50V.Recommended the user to use the 24V-32V DC supply , avoid the grid fluctuations over drive voltage operating range.

Note:

1, Wiring should pay attention to the power of positive and negative Do not be reversed;

2, In order to reduce costs, multiple drives can share a power supply. But it should improve the rated power and rated output current of the power and attention to cooling.

9)Attenuation of the DIP switch settings

Decay mode

SW1

SW2

Slow decay

OFF

OFF

Mixed decay

ON

OFF

Fast decay

OFF

ON

10)Subdivision DIP switch settings

4 Axis USBCNC breakout board

11)Current DIP switch settings

12)Drive motor controller wiring diagram

13)Electrical wiring
      The FMD2740C driver can drive all current 4A 4-wire, 6-wire or 8-wire 2-phase / 4-phase motors, are detailed below 4-wire, 6-wire, 8 wire stepper motor connection:

14)Matching of the drive and motor

FMD2740C driver can drive the domestic and foreign manufacturers of 2-phase or 4-phase motor, in order to obtain the most satisfactory driving, you need to choose a reasonable supply voltage and current setting. Supply voltage determines the level of the high-speed performance of the motor, and the current set value determines the output torque of the motor.

Supply voltage selected

Generally speaking, the higher the supply voltage, the greater the torque motor at high speed, the more it can avoid the high speed out. But another aspect, the voltage is too high will lead to over-voltage protection, and can even damage the drive, but also in the high-pressure work, low speed vibrations.

The output current is set

For the same motor, the greater the current setting, the higher speed, the current motor and drive more heat. So under normal circumstances the current setting into a powered machine warm but not too hot long-term value.

Note: the current settings after you run the motor for 15-30 minutes, if the motor temperature is too high, you should reduce the current settings. If the motor current setting, the motor output torque is not enough to improve heat dissipation conditions to ensure that the motor and drive are not hot.

3. Stepper Motor

Technical Specifications

Part No.: 23HS2430B

Frame Size: NEMA23

Step Angle: 1.8 degree

Current: 3.0A/phase

Resistance: 1.6 Ohm/phase

Inductance: 6.8 mH/phase

Holding torque:280N.cm/28kg-cm 425 oz-in

Rotor inertia: 800g-cm2

Number of wire leads: 4

Weight: 1.66 kg

Length: 112mm

General Specification:

Step angle accuracy:+ - 5%(full step,not load)

Resistance accuracy: + - 10%

Inductance accuracy:+ - 20%

Temperature rise: 80deg Max(rated current,2 phase on)

Ambient temperature ----------—20deg ---- +50deg

Insulation resistance:100ohm Min,500VDC

Insultion Strength--------500VAC for one minute

Datasheet(23HS2430B,Front shaft 8mm dia and 21mm length,back shaft 8mm dia and 11mm length,425 oz-in or 28kg.cm holding torque)

This product also has a single shaft for choice, the need to invite the message.

57 112mm B-1

57-76-100-112dra

23HS 2430B

Wiring:

Red: A+

Green: A-

Yellow: B+

Blue: B-

4.Switching power supply

400W,Input:100-120VAC or 200-240VAC,50/60Hz,Output:48v/8.3A,single output switching power supply

5.Usage or Application

This products are widely used in engraving machine, printer, medical equipment,
      embroidery machine, stage lighting, textile automation, printing,
      packaging and other industries automation equipment.

Shipping

· Please open the package and check if there are some damages before sign, if there are some damages,please do not sign and contact us immediately

· We ship to worldwide but if your country’s custom is strict, please contact us before you bid to check detail and confirmed.

· Please check out your address carefully when processing order.We are not responsible for wrong or undeliverable address.

Payment

· We accept paypal payment only.

· Payment must be made within 48hours of the auction end time

Problem&Feedback

· Please give us the opportunityto resolve any problem when you have,we concern your problem and we will try our best to resolve it.

· If you are not satisfied, please contact us to resolve any issues. Please do NOT leave negative feedback without asking for help. We work hard to make sure EVERY CUSTOMER 100% satisfaction.

· For any inquiries,issues or assistanceplease contact us via eBay message

Refund

· When you have the parcel,and not satisfied the goods or it is other problem like as broken,pls tell us the detail reason and provide the photos to us.

· Any reason required for all refund. Item must be in it's original condition and no physical damage. Buyer responsible for all shipping cost

Contact us

· Please feel free for any questions, all the emails will be replied within 1-2 business days,if you didn’t receive any mail, maybe it’s in the junk mail fold.

· We are online from Monday to Saturday.

Downloads
      Uploads

Default Re: CNC Machine

Did you get the software that's supposed to make this all work? It should load a driver that your Device Manager installs when you plug in the USB cable. As I translate the Chinglish: "This interface board is based on USBCNC MK1 and just use in our provide software and function, cannot support other versions of the software and function " it's not going to run without that.

Like many of these "kits" sold on Ebay, the drivers and motors are woefully mismatched. The drivers claim to be able to handle up to 50v from the power supply, but the motors, with 6.8mH inductance, really want 83v to run at optimum speed.

They also say: "If you are not satisfied, please contact us to resolve any issues. Please do NOT leave negative feedback without asking for help. We work hard to make sure EVERY CUSTOMER 100% satisfaction... For any inquiries,issues or assistance please contact us via eBay message". Did you do that? If so, what did they tell you? If you got no response, or their response wasn't sufficient to get this thing running, I'd think you'd be justified in leaving negative feedback. It won't help in your case, but might warn others tempted by this offer. If you paid via Paypal, they are probably your best bet for getting a refund.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
      [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]