NEED HELP! - Picked up a NM-145 at auction and need help getting it to power up.

Thread: NEED HELP! - Picked up a NM-145 at auction and need help getting it to power up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NEED HELP! - Picked up a NM-145 at auction and need help getting it to power up.

Hello experienced CNC pros!

My family started and operated a tool and die shop for 20 years and a few years ago sold the business due to lack of precision machinists (with injection mold making experience) available. I have since found myself back in my IT and web marketing background, which led me into 3D printing, and finally, full circle back to CNC machining. We needed to add a CNC mill to our additive prototyping department and got a great deal on a Novakon NM-145. It was used on the local college campus in a military department where it was used for one single repeated process milling aluminum and never even had coolant touch its tank. Its pretty much brand new.

Understanding that this mill is looked at as less than quality, the $1500 spent to get it here was well worth entering the CNC scene.

Here is the issue, the machine must have been setup with an external on/off switch as there were no buttons or USB pannels on the cabinet. Here are some pics to see what we are working on.

Goal #1. Lets power this thing up! Its 110v 15A and that part was easy... next, im guessing the red wires shown in the picture went to an external switch?

Heres some pics.... ill catch back up with the questions once you have a few minutes to look through the service panel Thank you in advance for any and all opinions, advice and criticism, im ready for it.

That group of 2 pairs wire, they go to the molex connector on the board in the second image.... This is my guess, those have something to do with the ability to power this machine on...

Anyone know where I should start?