New Machine Build wood shop table with built in cnc router table

Thread: wood shop table with built in cnc router table

Downloads
    Uploads

Default wood shop table with built in cnc router table

Hello Everyone

I am putting my woodworking shop together finally after a move to a new state. One of my ideas was to build a work table that would double as a cnc router.
    I built a modified JRGO machine about 15 years ago with the skate bearings and gas pipe and It worked very good cut a bunch of RC plane kits with it. I have some sbr 20 linear rails that would allow a 4' by 6' cutting area.
    Do you think this would be feasible to be done this way the gantry would be stored at 0-X and 0-Y position when not being used. I don`t need super sonic speeds for a business as I`m retired now it would be used for my own projects.

The JGRO machine I built used a hobbycnc electronics kit with nema 23 steppers 260-305 in/oz steppers I think, Would the electronics from that router be usable on a 4' by 6' router ? Its current size is 16" by 36" cutting area so basically tripling the cutting area and not expecting any more speed out of it..

Thanks for any thoughts on this James

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by 1028jcic; 01-30-2023 at 08:45 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: wood shop table with built in cnc router table

Hi 1028 - Consider something like this. Very versatile for woodwork. Woodro does amazing work. SBR 20 is perfect for woodwork, don't use skate bearings and pipe. SBR works out cheaper and better in the end. Peter

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3j...NU-iz9NCeQu0_A

https://machineatlas.com/guides/new-...in-depth-look/

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Peter
    I plan on using the sbr-20 rails for my build. My plans are to build a wood working table with the cnc router being parked at X0 and Y0 at one end when not in use. My table saw and router table combo will out feed to the woodworking table when the cnc is not in use. What the video links you posted to are basically what I am wanting to do.
    Thanks James

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi - how is your project going?