Good Avid CNC alternatives?

Thread: Good Avid CNC alternatives?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Good Avid CNC alternatives?

Are there any other good brands like Avid for a 4'x4' CNC that offer a lower price point? What I see is either move down it to a more hobbyist type machine of much less size and capability or move up to a more productions unit with much greater cost. A ShopSabre would be awesome, but for a non-production woodworking the cost is just too high.

I am good with assembling, but am not looking for a build from scratch/set of plans.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Good Avid CNC alternatives?

Anything significantly cheaper will be an inferior machine. You really do get what you pay for.

Here's one alternative. PDJ Pilot Pro CNC router kits, parts, plans, assembled 3D printing prototyping woodworking projects

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

So why not get the Avid product? They have pro level as well as kore hobbyist desktop machines. I have a pro and am very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Avid CNCPro4824, Warp ESS, Nema 23 steppers, Delta VFD, 2.2kW spindle
    Hypertherm Powermax 45XP with TMC3in1 THC

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 5Carbides View Post
    I am good with assembling, but am not looking for a build from scratch/set of plans.
    Avid machines are not "build from scratch/set of plans" they are very well designed components that anyone can assemble. Their plug and play electronics are Plug and Play.
    I researched companies for 2 years and I'm completely happy with my Pro4824.
    I've carved wood, aluminum, bronze, 1/4" steel and even granite without any issues. It's been almost 3 years and all I've done is grease the bearing blocks.
    Oh, and it's almost paid for itself Twice.
    I couldn't afford the $6k so I bought the cnc first and the electronics a few months later.

Last edited by 2012JK; 01-18-2021 at 11:48 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 2012JK View Post
    Avid machines are not "build from scratch/set of plans" they are very well designed components that anyone can assemble. Their plug and play electronics are Plug and Play.
    I researched companies for 2 years and I'm completely happy with my Pro4824.
    I've carved wood, aluminum, bronze, 1/4" steel and even granite without any issues. It's been almost 3 years and all I've done is grease the bearing blocks.
    Oh, and it's almost paid for itself Twice.
    I couldn't afford the $6k so I bought the cnc first and the electronics a few months later.
    Completely agree. I have never done anything like it before and was able to assemble my machine without any problems. Electronics are top notch. Have added a plasma THC easily following their very detailed descriptions. Avid is a great company.

So you are far from building from scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Avid CNCPro4824, Warp ESS, Nema 23 steppers, Delta VFD, 2.2kW spindle
    Hypertherm Powermax 45XP with TMC3in1 THC