Purchased a used CNC Vacuum Router Table, Does anyone know what brand or model ?

Thread: Purchased a used CNC Vacuum Router Table, Does anyone know what brand or model ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Purchased a used CNC Vacuum Router Table, Does anyone know what brand or model ?

We just purchased a used CNC Vaccum Router Table and cannot find any Brand markings, serial numbers, nothing. Hoping that someone on the site might have an idea of what we have so we can get manuals, software etc. The guys we bought this from bought it from the original owner and it has been setting for two years in a business, and the guy has no idea what he had. Any information or direction y’all have would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Keith

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Purchased a used CNC Vacuum Router Table, Does anyone know what brand or model ?-d759bbb5-d7b0-4cf5-9b2d-8e8bc9fb220f-jpg   Purchased a used CNC Vacuum Router Table, Does anyone know what brand or model ?-38a89600-e014-4b41-8812-a8afa760e9e7-jpg   Purchased a used CNC Vacuum Router Table, Does anyone know what brand or model ?-4be79752-eaef-47f4-b5d8-e4561184a8b4-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Purchased a used CNC Vacuum Router Table, Does anyone know what brand or model ?

Looks like a chinese import or a custom built (DIY) machine. Is it controlled with Mach3?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Purchased a used CNC Vacuum Router Table, Does anyone know what brand or model ?

Looks like a substantial machine as far as the mechanical goes. But the controls are a disaster area, looks like someone did a hash job retrofit. The board in the panel almost looks like MultiCam, but it could be something totally different. Some pictures of the main controller board might be helpful. Looks like it might have a VFD on the far right, but I can't read the label on the side. If that is a VFD it would not be connected to anything, there is no motor for it to run.

If it were mine, I would get Mach3 running on it and not worry about finding any documentation for it.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Well we ran across a company, Computerized cutters “Accu-Cut XP” that are identical to this fame and set up. We are going to clean it up and go thru things, my dad is an ex-machinist (52 years with TI / Raytheon). He is very familiar with FANUC controls, and is thinking of getting a turn key set up and motors that is very similar to that. What do you recommend on controls, FANCU or Mach3 ? What Software for wood working, light metal work / signage doing designs, letters, and hobby ideas who you suggest for a hobbyist / wants a second job in production or one off jobs?

Downloads
    Uploads

We believe it is a ACCU-CUT XP.

Downloads
    Uploads

Definitely not Fanuc. Mach3 would be fine.

I agree, it looks like an ACCU-CUT XP, which seems to be run by Mach3 from the factory. I would fire up the computer and see what is on it for software.

That control panel did not come out of any factory. Even if it has some original parts in it, it has been modified by someone. The first thing to do is get part numbers from the hardware in the panel and figure out what you have to work with. Then decide if anything needs to be replaced.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok to help with this hard sell and me definitely being a novice not knowing the ends and outs. What is the advantage of MACH3 over FANCU, why would you chose this over this established machinist control system? G code is G code right? I guess I’m looking for some pros and cons between the two operating systems.

Downloads
    Uploads

FANUC or Mach3
    Your comparing a $150 hobby control (Mach3) with a several thousand dollar industrial control.

Imo, Mach3 has been obsolete for several years, and I do not recommend it.
    My recommendation would be the Centroid Acorn, or UCCNC.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I could have your machine running on Mach3 for about $200. I also have a 1989 Fanuc system with motors and drives that I would let go for about $5000 or best offer. You figure out how to set it up and program it.

Mach3 would be a good choice for that machine and operate with the motors and drives that you already have, and it seems the the manufacturer is actually shipping the new machines with Mach3 on them. A Fanuc system would cost thousands of dollars. I ripped a perfectly good Fanuc system out of my lathe and did a complete controls retrofit on it (no, I didn't use Mach3).

If for some reason you don't want to use Mach3, Centroid Acorn would be a good choice. Not sure what the Acorn cost is, but it's relatively inexpensive. There are other options also.

Mach3 is widely supported on user groups and forums like this one, and a good choice for the home shop and the DIY'er. Mach3 connects to a wide variety of inexpensive and easily available motors and drives. Fanuc only connects to Fanuc hardware and in many cases requires factory support for repairs and parts are expensive.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. Fanuc = $$$$$$ Mach3 = $

Last edited by Jim Dawson; 03-22-2019 at 07:05 PM.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Downloads
    Uploads

Cheap but rigid machine.
    It had plate at Z axis with asynchronous spindle installed, but it was removed to install current router. Invertor , which power old spindle should be mounted below the table.
    Doesn't matter what cnc control you'll install.
    The only thing you should keep in mind - it should support STEP/DIR motor output, and have 3-axis motion control.
    I recommend you work with chinese DSP units like RichAuto A11, or DDCSV or similar.