Newbie Need help with my ISEL CPM 3020 can only run 15 mm/s

Thread: Need help with my ISEL CPM 3020 can only run 15 mm/s

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help with my ISEL CPM 3020 can only run 15 mm/s

Hi all brainiacs out there

My name is Kristjan , and im a newbie when it comes to cnc machines.

I have a Isel MBP 2030 which is the beta version of the CPM 3020 and i have gotten confirmation from isel that the inside of my machine is exactly the same.

Now i have been using the machine for some time now , and belivie me when i say it was not easy for me to get it up and running at all , but i ended up figuring it out.

But i have a problem with speeds and i think it must be a mechanical issue of sorts.

This machine should be able to reach milling speeds of 45-50 mm/s but if i go over 15 mm/s the machine gives a weird screeching sound , i found a clip on youtube that is a little simular to my sound .,

Now i have opened everything up and cleaned ballscrews and rails and given everything new grease and oil afterwards.

X axis is the worst , but on Y axis i can go to about 20 mm/s , Z axis i havent heard anything from.

Is there someone in here that might have an idea to what i can do ?

This would prefably be a diy solution as i simply do not have the money to get a cnc technician out to fix it. I live in denmark and thechnicians here are very expensive and in my case also far away from me.

If needed i can of course take a video of my machine and the noise and find a place to post it.

Any help will be greatly appriciated.

Thx in advance ,

Kristjan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help with my ISEL CPM 3020 can only run 15 mm/s

Does it typically stall in the same place?
    Have you tried reducing the acceleration?
    Do you know that the steppers, drivers and power supply are all the same as what would have been on the production model?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Skrubol .,

It dosnt stall ., it just keeps running but with a horrible screching sound ., like what i could imagine would happen if a rail was loose and vibrating..

Reducing the feedrate to 15 makes a happy cnc ., and i can mill what i want on lowest spindle speed of course and only with 1and 2 flute bits as i would need faster feedrates for more flutes..

The machine comes with exactly the same steppers , drivers , psu as the production model yes... so everything is same as the Isel Cpm 3020.

Best regards .,

Kristjan

Downloads
    Uploads

15mm/s is quite fast (900mm/minute). Not sure if it can go any faster. I can check tommorrow at work on my 3020.

Downloads
    Uploads

yeah ., i know, but as i have been informed by isel them self , and from the cmp 3020 manual it should be able to reach a maximum of 50mm/s without load.

I am now aware of a mistake i made in my first post where i said milling speeds as that indicates i want 50mm/s feedrate wich im not out to get.. The problem is without any load at all.

But as 50mm/s maximum without load should be possible ., i guess that i should be able to get about 25 - 30mm/s feedrate out of it in wood " without knowing it fully ".