Need Help! Problems with Routakit SDX and Planet CNC electronics

Thread: Problems with Routakit SDX and Planet CNC electronics

Default Problems with Routakit SDX and Planet CNC electronics

I'm not a complete newb to CNC. However, I've only ever used a Shapeoko 2 and that was a few years ago. Anyway, I own and operate a woodshop and produce everything from cabinets to custom furniture to toys. I thought buying a CNC would help speed up my production time since woodworking isn't my first job. I purchased a Routakit SDX thinking it would solve my problems. Well, that was in March of 2018 and here, six months later, all I have is a $3000 paper weight. I've got all the mechanicals in order, but for the life of me I cannot get the electronics straightened out at all. The instructions for assembly of the whole kit leave a lot to be desired. Especially for someone like me that has, limited experience in building a machine like this. I mean I built my Shapeoko 2, and I've even built a cheap Chinese 3D printer. But both of those came with great instructions.

I'm not here to bash anyone or any company. I just need some help. And whenever I contact Routakit or PlanetCNC (that's who sourced the electronics package) I'm told to read through blogs to find the answer instead directly answering my question or providing me with some type of instructions.

So I'm stuck. The stepper motors will not even attempt to move. The stepper drivers are flashing a red light beside ERR, which I am assuming is error since no one will answer me from those companies.

Can anyone help me?