Need Help! Any advice how to fix this?

Thread: Any advice how to fix this?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Any advice how to fix this?

A while ago I build this machine and everything works fine, just some easily fixable problems. This mounts seen on pictures needs to be fixed I just don't have idea how to fix it easily and effective. Most of machine is made strong enough, just this mounts lose allot of accuracy.
    Do you have any idea how to fix that?
    Maybe consider replace lead screws with timing belt (because machine have mill and laser)?

Thank you

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any advice how to fix this?-img-0447-jpg   Any advice how to fix this?-img-0425-jpg   Any advice how to fix this?-img-0448-jpg   Any advice how to fix this?-img-0426-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any advice how to fix this?

Are you saying that the connection between the gantry and the leadscrews is loose? If so, see if you can tighten it, and use some Loctite to keep it from working loose again. If that doesn't help, try using different pieces of metal to connect the two parts more rigidly, and perhaps more screws. I think that would be better than replacing the whole mechanism with open belts, which aren't usually recommended for routers.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any advice how to fix this?

Yes connection between the gantry and the leadscrews. I was thinking to make new connection because with this connection nut can rotate a little bit and creating backlash.

How much power would machine lose if I replace leadscrews with timing belts?