Need Help! Padovani Labor 255 lathe, thread plate wiped by solvent - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Padovani Labor 255 lathe, thread plate wiped by solvent

Downloads
    Uploads

this is the lever with missing dights,
    as you can see, the dights are on the lever itself, you'll need to pull it all the way out to show all the dights.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pip7hatvng...2019.59.44.jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ztiggi View Post
    this is the lever with missing dights,
    as you can see, the dights are on the lever itself, you'll need to pull it all the way out to show all the dights.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pip7hatvng...2019.59.44.jpg
    Hi Ztiggi,

I apologize, I couldn't get on line before going to my neighbor's shop today and the lever you're showing was pushed in(look at the 3rd picture) and all the digits were hidden(I thought it has also been wiped), I described the lever to my neighbor and he told me there is no such lever on the lathe (what is it used for ? maybe he never used it ?). I'll get back tomorrow to his shop.

By the way, you've posted two links for the same picture of the threading chart, when I saw the lathe today, I realized that the Metric part on the left of the threading chart was missing, so if you could please post another picture to complement the left side of the table, it'd be perfect

Here are some of the pics I took today, I'll try to find a better camera for tomorrow.

Thanks !
    cnc2.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Padovani Labor 255 lathe, thread plate wiped by solvent-cimg4229-jpg   Padovani Labor 255 lathe, thread plate wiped by solvent-cimg4231-jpg   Padovani Labor 255 lathe, thread plate wiped by solvent-cimg4240-jpg  
    Last edited by cnc2; 06-26-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

try this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7b5ubz8vwr...2019.58.58.jpg

I actaullay had a pic of the metric part, just posted wrong links.

the lever would be the one with two handles, pointing vertical on your picture.

in that position there should be one dight visible from top, one from bottom (floor) and several dights visible from the right side.

if it's like on my lathe it can be pushed and pulled when in horizontal position.

it is used for feed/threading

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

try this:

in that position there should be one dight visible from top, one from bottom (floor) and several dights visible from the right side.

if it's like on my lathe it can be pushed and pulled when in horizontal position.

Oh I see I'll try that tomorrow. Any idea about how I should proceed to get accurate pictures of the markings on the lever ? Are you planning to reprint them or you want to use them as a guidance ?

Please what does "dight" mean ? I thought it was a typo of digit, is it ?

Thanks for the pics !
    cnc2.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Hi Ztiggi,

I was right, today it was funny to look at a machinist telling him there is a lever on his lathe he never knew about & never used in ten years ("he said in ten years I never needed to use it, look at the threading table, there is no sign of any of the numbers that are on that lever". I had to tell him how to pull it out & when I told him it was used for feed/threading he said: "when I increase the speed, the feed increases, I wonder what it is for")

If you could scan the user's manual part that addresses this lever and its functions/usage it'd be of great help to my frustrated neighbor

When we pulled the lever, it was covered in diesel/lubricant, some of the numbers are missing, I saw: 1 3 2 8 9 4 ...After he pulled the lever he could neither turn it left nor right, the lathe was stopped...How do you select a different position than 0 (the two arrows) ??

I took pics and used a piece of paper to ~accurately mark the positions. I'll upload the files in a few minutes.

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (in this picture the long lever was unscrewed so I could wrap a piece of paper around the hub and copy the position of the markings)

After I measured the distance between the markings on the hub I can say it is close to:
    3_________0_________ 2________________4
    | (18mm)<--0-->(17mm) | (35mm) | (104mm) |
    1_________0_________ 8_______9

The number 4 is at the left of 3. The zero 0 is the small Allen screw facing the two arrows.

Let me know if you need more explanation.

Thanks !
    cnc2.

Last edited by cnc2; 06-27-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

try this:

Hello,

I read the tread today in search for picture of a complete thread table plate. I am missing most of both metric and imperial.

Maybe you are kind with picture of the complete plate?

Regards, Odd Inge.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Padovani Labor 255 lathe, thread plate wiped by solvent

You may not have realised, but this thread is about 10 yrs old and both posters haven't visited the site for one and five years respectively - so don't expect a quick answer!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Padovani Labor 255 lathe, thread plate wiped by solvent

Quote Originally Posted by oddop View Post
    Hello,

I read the tread today in search for picture of a complete thread table plate. I am missing most of both metric and imperial.

Maybe you are kind with picture of the complete plate?

Regards, Odd Inge.
    Padovani Labor 255 lathe, thread plate wiped by solvent-20220815_131727-jpg

Left side not in focus but that side is pictured i dropbox link earlier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12