Matsuura MC100V7 tool arm not coming down on tool release

Thread: Matsuura MC100V7 tool arm not coming down on tool release

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Matsuura MC100V7 tool arm not coming down on tool release

The tool changer arm on my Matsuura MC1000V7 is rotating into position, the drawbar activates (release), but the arm doesn't drop down to complete the change. After a few seconds it generates the error:

3000 SEQUENCE TIME OVER.
    CHECK NEXT SEQ. NUMBER.

SEQ. 11
    IN MOTION OF ATC(M06)
    2307 TOOL CHANGE DOES NOT FINISH IN 4.0 SECONDS.

3031 ATC INVERTER ALARM.

I suspect a bad solenoid but even after pouring over the manual I cannot figure out what activates the arm to drop. Any ideas?

I can remove the tool manually so the drawbar is releasing.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Matsuura MC100V7 tool arm not coming down on tool release

Alright, this morning I reset the arm and checked my codes before re-attempting. Rather than swapping to the same tool I was attempting previously I randomly selected another and it changed without error, although it appeared to pull hard. So I decided to pull the tool from the belt using the manual ejection position and it wouldn't eject from the belt. So I tried a few more. No joy. I was able to eject T1 with a bit of assistance. Not the normal press of the foot pedal and it ejects. Something isn't right with the belt pocked ejection. Being that the manual ejection cylinder is seperate from the auto ejection cylinder I'm suspecting some kind of pressure issue common to the two cylinders. I think these are pneumatic so more digging is in order.

Good news is that if I perform a tool change without tools the arm is constantly working.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm thinking my pockets are simply gummed up. It has been a very hot summer and we've been running infrequently. I'm now in the process of removing all the tools from the belt. What is the best process to clean the tool pods on this machine?

Downloads
    Uploads

I think I have this sorted. I hosed down all the pockets with some fresh coolant. I then mixed up a dilute solution of cimclean and sprayed down each pocket and gave them a good scrub with a nylon brush inside and out. After rinsing everything the pockets are now releasing correctly. I'll have a better idea on Monday if this sorted the issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am looking for any custom app development services for my Pharma production plant which can easily integrate with sensors installed on machines

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by forhire View Post
    The tool changer arm on my Matsuura MC1000V7 is rotating into position, the drawbar activates (release), but the arm doesn't drop down to complete the change. After a few seconds it generates the error:

3000 SEQUENCE TIME OVER.
    CHECK NEXT SEQ. NUMBER.

SEQ. 11
    IN MOTION OF ATC(M06)
    2307 TOOL CHANGE DOES NOT FINISH IN 4.0 SECONDS.

3031 ATC INVERTER ALARM.

I suspect a bad solenoid but even after pouring over the manual I cannot figure out what activates the arm to drop. Any ideas?

I can remove the tool manually so the drawbar is releasing.
    Might simply be the tool unclamp signal switch faulty or out of adjustment.