Clogged oil lines, Leadwell MCV OP CNC Mill - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clogged oil lines, Leadwell MCV OP CNC Mill

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Clogged oil lines, Leadwell MCV OP CNC Mill

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    Tell that to the Swiss and Germans. I have refitted rails to slideways that the gap was filled with turcite epoxy after alignment. Not on, but as an abutment edge.
    If you don't know something, don't embarrass yourself by making statements that aren't true.
    It's a common practice and obviates the need to grind a safe edge.
    If you don't believe me, a service engineer on 5 axis Swiss / German CNC mill centers, a graduate engineer with 40 years in the machine tool industry, do your research.
    I don't have to do any research, I have and use Turcite in my shop where it is used for repairing CNC machine ways, this is the only place it is used, it has nothing to do with Linear Rails mounting

I also own a multi axis Swiss turning center Citizen Cincom, the slides can have Turcite on the fixed faces, again this is nothing to do with linear rail mounting.

Keep dreaming, Turcite material is not an Epoxy, it is an engineered ECTFE or close to PTFE mixture, as a graduate engineer you should know this, it is very soft and would never be used for rail mounting or alignment, epoxy is also too soft for any kind of Linear Rail mounting

Turcite is used for slide ways as that's what it was designed for, an example below of how Turcite is used

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clogged oil lines, Leadwell MCV OP CNC Mill-turcite-machine-slide-ways-png  
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool, thanks. Thats what the supplier said today also.
    He did mention the arrows on the rail and bearing should be pointing same direction which makes sense.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guy's
    I finally assembled most of the CNC, replaced rails and linear bearings, the machine is much quieter.
    I believe i screwed up the X axis home. So, trying to back track what i have done, i think i must have jogged the ball screw past the soft limit (without the table installed) while cleaning out the bottom of the mill. I didn't remove the ball screw at all as i didn't want this kind of issue but unfortunately i think i jogged past the limit.
    So the issue i now have is when "homing" the X axis it stops way too soon and doesn't even reach the limit switch.
    Just wondering if anyone has an idea to rest this? It's a Fanuc OM controller.

Thanks Guys

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by toranacar View Post
    Hi guys, just wondering what the torque settings would be for the rail bolts?
    Are the torque settings critical or should they just be tight?

Thanks
    Bart
    Depends what tensile strength the bolts have and their size. Use a chart for this, the bolts could be 8.8cr to 10.8 so the torque settings are very different.

Downloads
    Uploads

With the table installed and the Hard Overtravel Trip Dogs all mounted, start up the control holding down P and CANCEL. (DO NOT hold down any other keys) This will clear your home settings so the machine will re-fined them. If you removed the X axis Drive Belt or disconnected the X axis in anyway, you will likely have to set a new Grid Shift for the Axis.

If your machine has batteries mounted in the Servo Drives, which I doubt, that Home Setting process is different. (The www is full of home setting guides for either scenario)

Try P CANCEL and see what that does. If still screwed let us know. Also if you have batteries or not. (Maybe noted earlier?)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for that.
    This machine does have batteries, as far as I've been told it is to back up the "parameters" memory.
    I haven't removed the belt or motor which is directly mounted to the ball screw, and I haven't removed the ball screw assembly, but it looks like i have jogged the ball screw to the right too far without table/limit switch, (I think that's where I screwed up). So basically, I just removed the table/jogged the ball screw.
    I'll give P cancel a try, sounds too easy for a solution with this machine because it's been fighting me for a year but hey if it works, I'll definitely be happy to take it. Thanks again I totally appreciate yours and everybody's help!!
    Clogged oil lines, Leadwell MCV OP CNC Mill-20230204_121029-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks mate

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes hope it works for you. The batteries I was talking about are in the Servo Drives. Yet I can see by the type and style of your Trip Dogs that you more then likely have an Incremental Encoder Machine and will use the Grid Shift function w/Dogs to set home position.

Before you try that P Cancel, move all axis at least a couple inches away from home. You should be able to jog all axis manually before doing your Zero Return attempt. Before shutting the machine down for the day, it's also good practice on an Incremental machine to move all axis to the center of travel, or at least a few inches away from machine zero. If you try to Zero Return a machine with a Deceleration Trip Dog already engaged it will likely throw an alarm, where you'll have to move off the Dogs and try again.

When A Zero Return is started, the axis will move at a Rapid Rate until hitting and riding up the ramp of the first Trip Dog, which is the Deceleration Dog. At that point the machine travel will slow down. (Decelerate) As the machine continues to moves and falls off the back side of the Deceleration Dog, that is when the machine starts counting and applying the Grid Shift set for that axis. Once it stops you're now at Home for that Axis. If you hit the 2nd trip Dog you've just hit the Hard Overtravel Dog, where the machine will certainly stop and set an Over Travel Alarm.

Seeing as you haven't disassembled any of the X axis, you could very well get lucky with P CANCEL. I hope so. Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you, Ill try soon.

P button and Can beside it.

Clogged oil lines, Leadwell MCV OP CNC Mill-20230205_180535-jpg

Last edited by toranacar; 02-06-2023 at 03:08 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

You guys are fantastic! Thanks guys/gentle giant.
    I did exactly P cancel. the limit switch needed adjusting as it wasn't fully pushed in so it over travelled. Adjusted switch, moved table off the switches, P cancel again fantastic!!! Worked!!!

Clogged oil lines, Leadwell MCV OP CNC Mill-20230206_192752-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

Congrats! Great way to start a new week. It will soon be time to put that machine to work! : - )

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks mate, yes I hope to put this machine to work soon.

The other issue I see is the program number is in reverse when I transfer the program but that's something ill deal with another time, I can work around that at the moment.
    Another issue I need to deal with is the tool changer not working (ladder issue?) but again ill work around that for now and use the machine as a single tool.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123