fagor 8025 threading

Thread: fagor 8025 threading

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question fagor 8025 threading

I have a fagor control retrofit on a 2- axis Hardinge lathe and can not figure out the correct way to thread on it. I need to produce an external thread that is 1.940" dia. w/40 threads per inch. Which G-code is correct and what "P" and "K's" do I need to define

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I believe G92 is the multi-pass thread turning, but the machinist here will verify that. I was also going to mention you will only be able to thread on the lathe if a spindle encoder was fitted at the final drive to the chuck, not on the motor.
    Al

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If thread is single pass use G33, for multiple passes use G86, and yes it has to have a spindle encoder attached to spindle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Format for G86 on Fagor 8050T is:
    G86X(start point X)Z(Start point Z)Q(finish point X)R(finish point Z)I(depth of thread)B(depth of threading passes)D(safety distance in X)L(depth of finish pass)C(thread pitch)J(distance from final point on Z axis to start withdrawal)A(penetration angle of tool)

G86XZQRIBDLCJA

Hope this helps

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know the OP was way back when, but the 8025 must be way different than the 8050. I'm not sure exactly what the threading canned cycle is, I never used it enough, G83, 84, 86? but its G? P0 = K(start X) P1 = K(start Z) P2 = K(finish X) P3 = K(finish Z) P5 = K(depth per pass) then it goes on clearance, finish, angle etc... The biggest pain and its right in the manual, but many years ago I ruined quite a few inserts before I read the fine print. On the depth per pass if you give it a positive# it INCREASES the depth per pass by the root of 2 or something per pass, so, your first pass is really nice, and then by the time you really get into the thread, you've already got a broken insert. You need to enter a negative whatever you want per pass, makes no sense, but that controller is not the best I've ever seen.