Torq Cut 22 Table Removal Advise

Thread: Torq Cut 22 Table Removal Advise

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Torq Cut 22 Table Removal Advise

I need to remove the table in order to repair some broken oil lines and i'd like some advise before taking the plunge. i believe i need to disconnect the 4 oil lines to their respective rail blocks, seperate the ball nut from the table, remove 16 bolts that hold the rail blocks to the table then carefully lift the table vertically to get it free. if theres easier way or if anyone knows any tricks or pitfalls i may run into, please let me know. there are also some small shim blocks located behind the two front rail blocks that i really cant figure out their exact purpose, does anyone know? attached are some pictures that may help.

Thanks
    Jeff

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torq Cut 22 Table Removal Advise-img_20220422_083046075-jpg   Torq Cut 22 Table Removal Advise-img_20220422_082823788-jpg   Torq Cut 22 Table Removal Advise-img_20220422_082750038-jpg   Torq Cut 22 Table Removal Advise-img_20220422_082723708-jpg  

Torq Cut 22 Table Removal Advise-img_20220422_082816923-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torq Cut 22 Table Removal Advise

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_The_Red View Post
    I need to remove the table in order to repair some broken oil lines and i'd like some advise before taking the plunge. i believe i need to disconnect the 4 oil lines to their respective rail blocks, seperate the ball nut from the table, remove 16 bolts that hold the rail blocks to the table then carefully lift the table vertically to get it free. if theres easier way or if anyone knows any tricks or pitfalls i may run into, please let me know. there are also some small shim blocks located behind the two front rail blocks that i really cant figure out their exact purpose, does anyone know? attached are some pictures that may help.

Thanks
    Jeff
    That will work, it looks quite nasty, one reason I don't recommend to removing the table unless you really have too, rails Etc. are in their original mounted position, and the chances of getting the worn parts back in their original position is not going to happen

The blocks you are referring too, are clamping the Linear Bearing up against a machined Shoulder

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

What i planned on doing was do dial indicate along one of the t-slots and record values in specific places along its length then use those to re-align the table again once the oiler repairs have been completed, is there any other methods that you can think of in order to restore its original position?

Thanks
    Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torq Cut 22 Table Removal Advise

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_The_Red View Post
    What i planned on doing was do dial indicate along one of the t-slots and record values in specific places along its length then use those to re-align the table again once the oiler repairs have been completed, is there any other methods that you can think of in order to restore its original position?

Thanks
    Jeff
    That won't account for a worn Rail / Bearing, once you remove the table the side with the bearing clamps should be ok if everything is clean when it goes back together, the other side the Bearings are floating so will never go back in the same place because of wear of the parts including the wear from the fixed side rail.

There is no method when you have worn parts

Mactec54