Brown & Sharpe Surface Grinder Electrical Hookup Help.

Thread: Brown & Sharpe Surface Grinder Electrical Hookup Help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Brown & Sharpe Surface Grinder Electrical Hookup Help.

I just picked up a Brown & Sharpe 618 Micromaster Surface Grinder. The badge says 208VAC 3Ph, some of the transformers inside the electrical cabinet say 230VAC. The spindle motor says 200VAC. I know some of these machines were badges 240VAC. I haven't checked out the voltage for the hydraulic pump yet.

Here are some pics of the electrical cabinet.

I was wondering if anyone can help if I can run this off 240VAC 3PH. That's what I have at my shop not 208.

BTW I find it weird that it runs on 3 Phase as all the motors are relatively small. Is there a reason to run something off 3PH instead of 1PH for a machine like this?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brown & Sharpe Surface Grinder Electrical Hookup Help.-img_1770-jpg   Brown & Sharpe Surface Grinder Electrical Hookup Help.-img_1768-jpg   Brown & Sharpe Surface Grinder Electrical Hookup Help.-img_1767-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Brown & Sharpe Surface Grinder Electrical Hookup Help.

My Brown and Sharpe 10 x 20 cylinder grinder says the same thing and I am hooked up to
    220 3 phase power here in Mexico...often, only getting 200 volts and every thing works fine.

Your mains power come into the Rotary Disconnect on the upper left hand corner on
    the top side...and ground to the ground bar on the bottom...in the first picture on the right.

Best Regards,

Preston

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Brown & Sharpe Surface Grinder Electrical Hookup Help.

Thanks, but 220 is within the normal range of motors, most motors can handle 10% high or low voltage. I'm at 240VAC so that's much higher.