Video I have a problem in Z axis flexing

Thread: I have a problem in Z axis flexing

Downloads
    Uploads

Question I have a problem in Z axis flexing

I have had this problem since I got the machine and I would like to know what is the solution to this.
    Please watch the video, thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I have a problem in Z axis flexing

That is normal , the flex depend on machine rigidity ,on rails used, if they were rolers then u wouldnt have this flex , but with balls u have flex , and that depend and with machine base rigidity and weight of the machine , u cant get a high rigidity with a low weight machine , u need iron cast and high mass dapening weight in order not to flex that much .

Downloads
    Uploads

Andreiir I appreciate your reply, if my machine has linear guides and I was thinking maybe I would have to tighten a screw, but I have not because I consider myself very new.

I've also been thinking about swapping out the spindle motor for a stiffer one, do you think that can reduce flex?

my machine is not small because its weight is around a 1 ton

Downloads
    Uploads

I see that ur support of motor stays on a thick aluminium plate u need to be shure that the motor support stays near cariages of axis for beast rigidity , a plate of aluminium without any lateral support will flex too .
    on a cnc machine u need to see what is the weak point that flexes more and there u need to improve the stiffness .

Downloads
    Uploads

About the motor i think u need a motor that suits ur needs , for milling aluminium u need high rpm and not big hp , a 2.2kw will work fine , but if u want to go on steel u need a low rpm and high torque .

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Andreiir View Post
    I see that ur support of motor stays on a thick aluminium plate u need to be shure that the motor support stays near cariages of axis for beast rigidity , a plate of aluminium without any lateral support will flex too .
    on a cnc machine u need to see what is the weak point that flexes more and there u need to improve the stiffness .
    I'm sure the bracket is cast iron, but I'm going to use a magnet to check.

Regarding the carriages, I have recorded a new video where you can see the measurements and their maximum route:

Downloads
    Uploads

I have also done a new flex test to the rail guide and base plate

I would like to know your opinion and that of other experts to understand more about cnc machines and solve problems. Thanks