Discussion on a very intriguing new CNC - F-CNC Machines

Thread: Discussion on a very intriguing new CNC - F-CNC Machines

Default Discussion on a very intriguing new CNC - F-CNC Machines

Hello, first post on CNC Zone! The topic is on F-CNC Machines, which I am surprised there has not been such a forum post yet. This machine seems to be targeting the high end hobbyist / job shop type mill, with direct competitors form Tormach, and possible the Haas Mini Mill. Gary Frolka (who is on here somewhere) was one of David De Caussin's partners in Fadec. That mill excited quite a few, but never took off. I believe this to be Gary Frolka's evolution on the original idea, but he created what looks like a tidier piece of machinery. Very excited to see where this goes.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Discussion on a very intriguing new CNC - F-CNC Machines-f15-overall-open-doors-jpg  

Default Re: Discussion on a very intriguing new CNC - F-CNC Machines

They definitely look like a well put together machine. I'm curious about the base construction, it looks like they might have just taken a big square bar of cast iron or steel and machined the top to put rails on it.

At $28K though they're in a tough spot in the market. A lot of people will start thinking about a new Haas Mini Mill or a used machine near that price point. Needing 3 phase and Fanuc (for some people) are major hurdles, as well.

Default Re: Discussion on a very intriguing new CNC - F-CNC Machines

The f15 seems to be what they are focusing on right now, but they also offer the f8 - @ 14,000. Tiny travels though - 8x8y10z. At the same price point as a tormach 440 deluxe, and it seems as though the casting sits on ground, rather than on a steel stand.